Cherokee Rose

Friday, February 06, 2009

Friday night....

My first day at work Wednesday went real well. I was basically getting situated in my office and going through some notes and I did a few returns. My job consists of this: My boss deals with the clients and gets all the information needed to do the return. He puts the info onto what we call "flow sheets". I take the info and input it into the computer in the client's file. When we get a new client, then I have to set up a new file for them. After I input all the info from the flow sheets I give the file back to him. Sometimes he finishes the return with more complicated stuff. Then he prints the return out in duplicates. I get it all back and put the return together (stapling W-2's,etc).....his copy, client copy and the IRS and Michigan copies. Client copy gets "Copy" stamp on the pages and stapled with a nice professional looking cover sheet. IRS copies are put together with a ryder telling them if they owe or get a refund and the appropriate envelope to send the return in with. If the return is being e-filed, then there are no IRS copies to send in but other paperwork that goes. Then I check the return in various ways making sure that ALL info was put in and not missed, and that all the numbers are correct and add up, etc. With everything put together and checked, then it all goes back to the boss, where he checks his end of things and gives everything a good once-over and then it's DONE. He probably has about 150 plus clients. His clients usually have a lot of stock transactions, real estate rentals, businesses, etc. He's a CPA, not an H&R Block kind of guy. So that's what I do.
_________________________

My youngest son came over tonight to show us a new truck that he just bought. It's basically like his old truck but with way less miles and an automatic. So now he's selling his old truck. He might stop over again next Tuesday cause it's his dad's birthday and we'll probably go out to eat somewhere. Hubby is talking about going up to the cottage for a few days to check things out next week. Shanty Days weekend is the following weekend, and I'll be going up there then. I told him to come up with me. He's never been there for Shanty Days. I'm going to make my ass-kickin' Chili for the Chili contest. They also do that Polar Bear thing where all these crazy people jump into the lake. My neighbor said he signed me up for that one...hahaha. Yeah, Right!!
__________________________

We decided to put carpet in our bathroom. We have carpet in the bathroom at the cottage and although I didn't like it at first cause I thought it should be tiled, I like it now. And since I slipped in my bathroom last year and hurt my knee really bad, I think it might be a good and safe idea to put carpet in here at home as well. So I've been looking at samples. I wish I could buy a remnant somewhere. I'll look some more tomorrow. There just aren't as many carpet stores around anymore like there use to be. Home Depot and Lowe's took over the carpet business. The big fish just keep eating the little fish, and all the little fishies are dying off; and now that there aren't very many little fish to eat, the big fish are starting to starve......stupid greedy business people.....

So tomorrow I'll go carpet hunting....hunting for stores to hunt for carpet. And there's an estate sale I'm going to. I went to one today but it sucked...they had really weird expensive decor taste.

I sold 5 things on Ebay today!! A few months back I bought some brand new, never opened Merle Norman makeup for a couple bucks, and I sold them today for a total of $40, plus a couple other things. A nice profit!

Well, I'm going to read my Janet Evanovich book and get to bed. Nite...





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter