Cherokee Rose

Friday, March 06, 2009

Keno Day is coming...



So I got a call yesterday from Keno's foster mom. She called the vet and everything checked out. And she said that there is a lady near us that will do the 'home inspection', so that lady called last night and arranged to be at our house today at 1:00. I told her that I had to work but my husband would be here. I called him at 2:00 to see how things went. She had come and saw everything and wrote down stuff on these forms. She said that we should be bringing him home by Sunday.

She asked my husband if we were aware of Keno's history. He told her only about him being adopted out and it didn't work out. She said that his original owner was one of these people who gets lots of dogs and then can't take care of them. She probably had a dozen dogs in her house. She called this rescue place to come and take some of them. They wanted to go back and take more of them, but she won't let them in the house. So Keno has been living in this type of environment where he is use to being part of a pack because of all the dogs and not much socialization with humans. She feels that he will do much better in a home where there is another dog, like Mini Sue. She said he is a little rebel guy.

Well, he will be getting lots of one on one attention and loves and cuddles and kisses in this house, that's for sure....although it may take him awhile to warm up and learn to trust us.




I had already decided that IF I got another dog, it would be from a rescue shelter and would not be a puppy. I wanted an older dog..(Keno is almost 2 years). My first pick would have been another Chihuahua, but Keno fits the bill with his Chi/Pom mix....and definitely a black color like Lucky. I knew that I would not get another dog from a pet store or breeder. I wanted an older dog that hasn't had a good life so we could give him the best life ever!

I can't wait to pick him up on Sunday. Right now we are waiting for his foster mom to call and set up a definite time on Sunday. She already has someone else coming in the morning to pick up another rescue dog she has....Rowdy, a Pomeranian. They are busy Saturday with the Petco adoption thing going on.

I wish I could go get him right now!!

2 Comments:

  • At 4:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OHMIGOSH, he is way beyond adorable. I am so happy for you and so glad that this pup will be living in a wonderful, warm home.

     
  • At 8:04 PM, Blogger Happy Housewife said…

    He's so stinkin' cute! Looks like he's going to be a pistol though! Keep me posted!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter