Cherokee Rose

Sunday, March 29, 2009

33 years ago today......

.....I became a mother of a third son. March 29, at exactly 4:34 p.m. I gave birth to my third son. I remember the day. I had prepared myself better this time. The last time I was lazy and gained weight and did no prenatal exercises and was in excruciating pain. I'm surprised that I even agreed to even get pregnate again. But I got drunk one night and agreed. (just kiddin') But I did agree at some point...(after lots and lots of beers!!) I figured after 2 boys what the hell were my chances for a darling blonde hair, blue eye, angel girl. Zero, Zilch, Nonooonooo. I knew the odds. But I did it anyway. As soon as those dominant male sperm started swimming and zeroed into my please-be-a-girl eggs...I knew that it was simply not to be. I was destined to be a mother of "my three sons" as my father told me when he came to visit me the day my son was born. But I also knew from the moment I held him in my arms that he was special. I loved him so much!!

So tonight he and his girlfriend came over and we took them out to dinner at Brann's Steakhouse. We had steak and drinks and the waitress brought us each a complimentary slice of birthday chocolate cheesecake for his birthday.

It's the first time I rode in his Hummer. Wow....it's like I needed a step ladder to even get into it!

Pictures of the event:




I took a pic of me in the backseat as we were driving to the restaurant....





Here's my son standing by his Hummer in the parking lot...






Son and girlfriend at our table....






Hubby and myself....






Aren't we just the perfect american family ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!









Yep....now we are....






4 Comments:

  • At 12:02 PM, Anonymous Judy said…

    My kids find it strange that I can remember distinctly each one of their births. Especially on their birthdays, I go back to the day they were born and remember details--even the time on the clock, etc.

    How did they grow up so fast? It seems only yesterday...

     
  • At 12:09 PM, Blogger Diane said…

    Tell me about it!...and how did they age and I didn't...hahaha.

     
  • At 11:59 AM, Blogger tendersurrender said…

    I feel the same way, I thought Jayden would be my blonde blued eyed princess.
    WRONG! Lol I to share in the my 3 sons haha

     
  • At 6:54 AM, Blogger Happy Housewife said…

    AS you know, I sure do relate to the my three sons thing.. and the #3 sposed to being a girl! Good thing mine wasn't though since he's 5' 10" and 140 lbs and only 12! Randy looks great and his gf is cute as heck!
    The pups look so sweet together! I'm really glad Keno has fit in so wonderfully!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter