Cherokee Rose

Sunday, April 05, 2009

Graduation Day!!!

Today..well, Saturday afternoon...Mini Sue graduated from her obedience class from PetSmart! It was an exciting day...! She wore her pretty pink princess dress for the occasion. Her classmates, Angel and Cotton, were also there for the big event. She had to go over all her lessons. She did her sits...and her stays...and her stay and come. She only passed her 'downs' cause I took videos of her doing them at home cause she absolutely would NOT do her 'downs' in class. So I video taped her doing them at home and showed her teacher. Then she had to do "hide and seek"....where the teacher holds her leash while I hide in the store and then call her name and she has to come find me. Hubby and Keno was there with me while we hid in the corner and I was yelling her name and yelling and yelling and then I heard the teacher say "mom"...and I looked down and there Mini Sue was sitting by me. She had found me by coming from a direction different from where I was looking for her to come!! It was so funny....I was yelling her name and she had already found me and was sitting by me. The teacher had timed all three dogs. Angel was the fastest at 15 seconds....then Cotton was next at 18 seconds, and Mini Sue was a second behind and found me at 19 seconds!

After they all passed their lessons they all received their graduation hats and got their diplomas and the teacher gave them lots of presents...toys, frisbees, treats, etc. Then we took lots of pictures. The other dogs kept trying to take their graduation hats off but Mini Sue kept hers on like a little lady. Even the other teacher commented that she was the only dog they ever saw that kept her hat on for so long.

I was so PROUD OF MINI SUE!!

Here are a few pictures of her graduation day....





Here's Mini Sue graduating with a smile on her face!!





Mini Sue and Angel.....





Mini Sue and Angel and Cotton....her graduation class!







We all exchanged emails and we want to enroll them together for the advanced class in the fall. I'm not sure how many classes I'll be able to attend cause I spend so many weeks or weekends in Caseville but I'll try. I know I enjoyed the experience and judging by the smile on Mini Sue's face, I think she enjoyed it too!!

2 Comments:

  • At 5:09 PM, Anonymous Judy said…

    OHMIGOSH--talk about adorable--could she be any cuter?

    Mega Congrats to Mini Sue!

     
  • At 10:20 PM, Blogger Happy Housewife said…

    Oh I just love her! that's just too cute! Way to go Mini-Sue!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter