Cherokee Rose

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Bye Bye piles of S***

I have all these different accumulation or piles of STUFF in my house. I have piles of stuff for charity. I have piles of stuff to take up to the cottage for my garage sale. I have piles of stuff to take to the consignment store. And I have stuff I've been gathering for door prizes for my high school class reunion in September....as a committee member, I'm doing 'door prizes' among other things. I've had these different piles of stuff sitting everywhere and getting in my way and making my upstairs look junky again. Finally today I got rid of 2 of the piles! I boxed up the one pile and took it to the consignment store. These are things that I think I can do better selling there than at my garage sale. And I bagged up two big garbage bags of stuff and the Charity truck is picking it up tomorrow. Most of the door prizes stuff is packed in a big footlocker type thing I have and out of the way, but a few things are sitting in bags in the room....not too bad though. I'll be leaving for Caseville in a week or so, and then I can get all this garage sale crap out of here. And I'll be FREE of 'piles of stuff' for awhile...

Then I'll start accumulating piles again. Cause I'm on a mission to get rid of as much of my stuff as I can. When I get done there will be nothing in my drawers, nothing in my closets and nothing on the walls or on the tables!!! Well, maybe not that bad, but I am trying to downsize things and get rid of crap I don't need or want anymore. I've been getting together things that are related to my stepfather who passed away long before my mother did and then I'm going to box it up and send it to his son. I have some family things to send to my cousin out in Vegas. I have pictures to distribute to family members. I'm slowly working on it....
______________________________

So yesterday I gave blood. Red Cross has been calling and calling me for the past month so I decided to just go in and donate and get it over with. I'm good now for a few months. It's easy to do and doesn't take very long, but it's finding the time to do it....not enough days in the week sometimes.

Tomorrow I'm going to a girlfriends house. I have a lot of pictures I want to share with her before I send them off to my godson. She and I were both friends with his mother when we were young. It's been awhile since we've gotten together so it should be a fun day. We've known each other since 2nd grade! Where have all the years went????

That's about it....ciao til next time

3 Comments:

  • At 11:14 AM, Anonymous Judy said…

    Good job--except when you take that pile up to the cottage--then it will be sitting there and bugging you. A few years ago I went through a "minimalizing" frenzy. The house looked great when I was done. This year a friend did the same thing and now...I have some of her stuff, which I didn't need, but it is new to me. I guess it's called recycling?

     
  • At 1:12 PM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    hey,, HAVE FUN WITH THAT FRIEND i SO KNOW HOW important THAT IS.. my caps lock was on so my caps are switched where I really wanted them ...hahhahhahhha hey there is a laugh for the day... hope it is getting warm there.

     
  • At 5:00 PM, Blogger Happy Housewife said…

    So send on those family pics! I'll take them! (and any other family related stuff you might want to re-home!) I promise that I'll take good care of everything.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter