Cherokee Rose

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Sunday my husband took me out to dinner for Mother's Day. We went to a local restaurant here in our town that I've been wanting to try. We were impressed with the meal. My husband's steak was excellent and I ordered Salmon that was very very good....and the prices were so reasonable we couldn't believe it. Also they gave me two roses!

My middle son apparently came by the house while we were at the restaurant cause there was a card sitting on the counter. We felt bad that we missed him. I called and left a message thanking him.

And my daughter-in-law sent me a beautiful card that she made herself. It arrived on Monday though. It was from her and the boys.....nothing from army son though. I didn't expect anything from him.

I also went to the cemetery and laid lilacs on my mom and grandma's graves.
___________________________

I've been riding my bike and it's great exercise....not only for the legs but also cardiac-wise cause it gets the heart pumping. I got the gears where it feels comfortable and I adjusted the seat, but I really have to get a different seat cause this one is small and HARD on my butt!! Not very comfortable. Or maybe I can figure out a way to put a softer pad on it or something. I don't know how Lance Armstrong can ride a bike for 115 miles though....he must have a bionic butt.

Yesterday I took my car into the dealership to get quite a few things done to it before I leave for Caseville again Thursday. I had to get a set of new tires put on. Hubby had been checking prices cause he said that the dealership would charge too much for tires. Total at Discount Tire where I got them last time was $550 total with tires, mounting and balancing. Sears wanted $150 per tire plus the other costs involved. I needed to get that throttle part put in at the dealership and I told hubby that I would rather just take it there and get everything done. So their total cost for tires including the mounting and balancing was $435! Cheaper at the dealership by far. They put in the throttle position sensor, did a fuel system cleaning, replaced my thermostat, did a cooling system service, and replaced my gas cap. They had my car all day but it's done and I hope I don't have to spend another dime on this car for another 5 years!!

I actually got up early to take my car in by 9:00 and then walked over to this restaurant and had breakfast before I called hubby to come pick me up. It was actually nice sitting there having coffee and eggs and bacon and reading the paper at 9:30 in the morning. I should do that more often......(chuckle..chuckle)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter