Cherokee Rose

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

It's Caseville time again....

I've been packing up my jeep today with all my garage sale stuff that I'm taking up to Caseville. I plan on leaving by Thursday. I'm taking Mini Sue and little Keno for his first trip to Caseville. He gets nervous when he rides in cars, so I'm not going to stop anywhere along the way except for a quick pit stop. I know he is going to be scared and nervous being in a strange place. He'll probably think he is being shuffled off to another place just when he was getting use to and liking his new home here. I'm hoping that with Mini Sue there with him, he will begin to relax and check out his new digs and learn to like it. He'll be doing a lot of driving back and forth this summer. All my dogs have gotten use to it and he will too in time.

I have some outdoor work to do up there so I'm hoping that the weather will get better by the weekend. I'm not planning on staying very long on this trip. Get some things done, turn the heat off and be back by next week. Then I'll get back up there by the middle of May (with a last load of GS stuff) and stay through Memorial weekend when I'll have the sale. Caseville is having a city-wide garage sale that weekend so there will be tons of people up there. Then summer will finally begin....

I still have so much to do around here though. When I get back I need to rent a carpet cleaner and get my downstairs carpets done. I need to get my bathtub re-reglazed...then my bathroom will finally be totally done. We had it done about 12 years ago and it needs it again. I need to call this kitchen cabinet door guy and get him here and give us an estimate for replacing the doors.

We were hoping to get the driveway done before we start our summer Caseville stuff in May but the guy said that we would be better off to get it done later in the summer when the ground is much drier. We unfortunatly live in an area that has a high water level and he said that we would get better results if we waited. So we decided to wait until after summer....Sept/Oct.

I hate Spring weather. I don't know what to pack. Long sleeves, short sleeves, should I unpack my shorts?? I need to get back to working out....and I need to get back on my diet. My goal was to lose 10 pounds by summer and I think maybe I lost 2! I am so disgusted.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:31 AM, Anonymous Judy said…

    You are so lucky to have a place "up north" and I am sure Keno will get use to riding in the car...over time. He has no choice, right?

    Have a great time--this weekend is suppose to be nice.

     
  • At 12:42 PM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    come here ay always know what to wear,,it was 102 already yesterday... enjoy your trip

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter