Cherokee Rose

Sunday, May 03, 2009

The Missing Shoes....

At the end of last summer I was shopping at the K-Mart in Bad Axe while in Caseville and they had their summery type shoes on sale. They had these white with blue gym shoe type shoes that I liked. I distinctly remember buying TWO pair....one for home and one for Caseville. That way I wouldn't have to keep remembering to take them when I went to C'Ville. I have quite a few things that I buy like that...buying in doubles. I remember putting the two shoe boxes inside this closet in the bedroom there until I came home. Before I left for C'Ville this last trip I decided to wear the pair that I thought I had brought back with me in the Fall. I looked everywhere and couldn't find them. So I figured I must have left both pairs at the cottage, probably still in the closet.

When I was just there, I looked for the shoes. There is only one pair in the closet...in my shoe rack and not in the box. I looked everywhere and could not find a second pair anywhere. I found the shoebox filled with DVD's in the attic for the garage sale. At home I also had a shoe box filled with DVD's for the garage sale. So I'm assuming that I must have brought the second pair home with me last Fall and was using the box for garage sale DVD's. Since I've been back home this week, I have looked everywhere and simply cannot find the second pair of shoes. And I KNOW I bought two pair last Fall.....and I have the two empty shoeboxes. But where are my shoes??

Hubby said I probably gave them to charity when they came a few weeks ago. Lord, I hope not. I really doubt that I did. Simply cause I gave the Charity pickup crap I figured I couldn't sell at the garage sale. Or maybe I threw them in with some garage sale stuff and I'll find them up in the attic when I go through that stuff next time I get up there.

I know I bought two pair....I remember they were on sale for only $10 and I decided to buy two pair for that price. Plus, I have two boxes. So where are the damn shoes!!???

2 Comments:

  • At 5:38 PM, Anonymous Judy said…

    Things like this drive me crazy. I had a t-shirt that I just loved. I remember putting it in the closet and the next spring I could not find it. Where in the heck was I when I took that t-shirt off--where did I leave it. Maybe I don't want to know?

     
  • At 12:28 PM, Blogger Diane said…

    ha-ha...that's funny!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter