Cherokee Rose

Friday, May 01, 2009

Back Home

I drove home from Caseville in the rain. It either rained or was dreary and cold most of the week that I was there. There were only a couple nice days where I could get outside and get some yard cleanup done. I did finally get the grass cut before I left. The main thing I have to do there is rake up all the stones out of my grass before I can even cut it. We have a stone driveway and when the plow guy plows it he pushes the snow up on the grass and the stones stick to the snow, so when everything melts we have tons of stones in our grass. This year it was ridiculous. There were literally piles of stones like someone took a bucketful and dumped them on the grass. I don't know why he plows so much when we aren't even there. Next year I'm telling him to only plow when I call him to say we are coming up. Otherwise, the damn snow can sit there.

So Keno had his first experience in driving to Caseville. Unfortunately, the little guy threw up when I was almost there. He did pretty good otherwise. He slept and was quiet for the ride. Before I left I didn't feed him anything and he was fine driving home with no nausea. The weather was crappy most of the time so I didn't take him down to the lake. But he got to know the place and he and Mini Sue had fun barking with Trooper, the dog next door.

I went out Saturday night to the Eagles and left them both home alone and they were okay. He was very happy to see me when I got home though. And I went out again Tuesday to a meeting there and Bingo Wednesday night. But otherwise, I stayed home with him while he's getting use to the place.

I kept busy going through all my garage sale boxes I have in the garage and getting everything priced. I still have tons of stuff in the attic that I will get down the next time I go up. But I would say that I got half of it priced which is a good start.

And my allergies were terrible when I was there. They were already acting up before I left and I was taking medication for it. I had headaches and sneezing. The rain was only making it worse, I think. Sunday I woke up with my eyes all itchy and my face was eyes were swollen. Wednesday after I cut the grass, I got hives or itchy swollen bumps all over my face and chest and some on my arms. I took an antihistimime and put cortozone cream on my face. It cleared up. Maybe I'm allergic to grass now. It was weird. I ended up feeling okay and went to Bingo and won $20!

When I got home Keno was scared when I opened the door to take him out. He didn't know where I had driven and what I was going to do with him. I told him he was going to see his "pa" and "SQUIRRELS!" and that perked him up. When he got in the house he was so excited. He ran to my husband and started doing that 'smile' thing he does. Hubby says that's the first time he's smiled for him. But he was so happy! Then he jumped up on the back of the couch and started searching for squirrels. And when he finally saw one, he went totally nutso. He was shrieking and screeching like a little bat. I let them both outside and he was running all over the yard trying to get that squirrel. He was back home!

My husband put up chicken wire fence in front of our picket fence so there is no way Keno can squeeze through now when he chases squirrels and bunnies. He also raised that little wooden thingy that he jumped over to make it higher and put more chicken wire across the bottom. I believe our backyard is now "Keno proof"!

Today hubby and I went into Plymouth because they were having some "Green Fair" going on. There were tons of booths set up. We set up an appointment with a company to come out and give us an estimate to have insulation blown into our attic. Hopefully, that will save us money on our gas bills next winter. There was a little bar & grill there that we went into and had a few beers.

Tomorrow I'm going to a rummage sale and hubby is going to a swap meet with our youngest son. Glad to be home....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter