Cherokee Rose

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Twilight....

Quite awhile ago I bought the book "Twilight" to read but wanted to see the movie first. I missed it at the theaters and figured I'd watch it on DVD when it came out. While I was in Caseville I thought it would be a good time to watch the movie since it really isn't a type of movie that hubby would get into. So Sunday night I finally watched the movie. It lives up to it's reputation. I thought it was really really good. A strong and powerful movie. When I went to sleep that night I even dreamed of vampires! I dreamt that I had to put out all these candles in certain places around me in order to protect myself....and then it snowed and I couldn't see where the candles were to go and it was scary cause if I didn't get the candles in the right places the vampires would come and get me!!! Of course, if a vampire looked like Edward, that would be okay...haha.

So yesterday I started reading the book and it's like seeing the movie all over again in my mind. It's one of those books that you can't put down. I've already read half of it just since yesterday and it's a big book....500 pages. I can't wait to get the other books and see the next sequel.

See the movie first, then read the book.....or read the book and then see the movie. Some people prefer to read the book first before they see the movie. I prefer seeing the movie first. It makes the book more easier to follow and more interesting and when you read parts that weren't in the movie, well then it's like watching the 'deleted scenes' or extra scenes.

I don't like reading a book first and then be disappointed when I watch the movie cause they sometimes change so much from the book and it infuriates me while I'm watching the movie. I'm always thinking..."That's not how it goes!"..."What happen to that other part??" I can't enjoy the movie when I'm not seeing what I just read or seeing it played out differently.

I see the movie first and enjoy it....then when I read the book and if some parts are different in the book, it's just an added bonus and adds more to the story. Rather than the movie taking away from the book.

Like when I saw "Marley and Me".....the way they bought Marley is different in the movie than what really happened in the book...and it made me mad. It's a true story so don't change the facts movie-script-writers!

Anyway LOVED the movie and LOVING the book!!

1 Comments:

  • At 4:50 PM, Blogger Happy Housewife said…

    It is wonderful, isn't it!? I LOVED every second of all the books and the movie and i can not wait for New Moon to come out!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter