Cherokee Rose

Sunday, July 26, 2009

A Classic Night

Tonight was a real classic night. Hubby was in a good mood. The day started out with him going with me to an estate sale. On the way we saw an Art Festival held in our town. So we hit the sale and on the way home we went to the art festival. I mentioned to him that we should take a drive down Telegraph Rd and find a spot to watch the old classic cars drive by since it is Telegraph Cruise Day. We packed up a cooler of beers and a tote bag of chips and snacks and headed out down Telegraph Rd. We found a great place to park. There was a place in front of a bowling alley and next to White Castle where a lot of people were sitting. So we parked our car and set up our chairs, popped open a couple of brews and relaxed and watched the old classic cars drive by. We had the bathrooms in the bowling alley to use, and we had White Castle to go get burgers and fries. What more could we ask more?? We saw lots of nostalgic cars go by but the one car I didn't see was my favorite car I had....a 79 T Bird....damn, I loved that car the best. I saw lots of 55 Chevys, the first car I ever owned back when I was 18...and we saw some 68 Camaros, the car hubby had when I met him and I made him sell. I think it was a 68???? I remember he had a peace sign on the trunk. I made him trade it in for an orange 70 nova cause it had a bench seat and we needed that for the baby seat we would be needing. I remember they gave us $500 for the trade-in. My 55 Chevy I ended up selling for $5 to some tow-away place cause I was pissed off that it wouldn't start for the umpteenth time. Well, that was back in 66/67 so it was just an old car to me.

After it started getting dark (and we were running out of beer), I figured we were leaving and then my husband surprised me. He said "So do you want to go bowl a couple games as long as we're here?"....I'm like "What???". He repeated himself and I'm like "YeahHHHHHH, that would be fun".

Now we haven't bowled in like at least 25 YEARS!! So I'm really confused about how it all works now. First off, it costs more money. So we had to get the guy to give us money on our debit card (ATM machine was out of money). Then we got our shoes...and I had to leave ONE of my shoes as a deposit! We paid for one game and figured that would be good enough. And they have these computerized screens that automatically keeps your score!!...now that is so cool....

I could not believe how I bowled exactly the same way....My ball goes like a straight arrow and I even got 3 strikes the first game and got 105 score. That's what I use to get. Hubby got 58. He has this major curve to his ball and most of them ended up in the gutter even though he tried standing so far to the left he was almost into the other alley.

We were having such a good time we decided to bowl another game and I got 2 strikes for a total 100. Hubby did better and actually bowled a strike and got 84.

I'm sure that if we had bowled a third game, he would have bowled a 200 and I would have lapsed into a 50+......but we will never know cause we decided to go home.

It was almost midnight when we got home and MiniSue and Keno were ecstatic when we walked though the door....poor guys were left over 6 hours!...

But we had a really good time!!...old classic cars and bowling......like I was back in the 1960's....like a real date!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter