Cherokee Rose

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Just wasn't my day.....

Today I got a "bleeping" ticket! I drove to my AAA office to get a quote for homeowner's insurance cause my State Farm is getting ridiculous. AAA quote was about $400 cheaper....huge savings....unless there's a catch somewhere that I don't see. And it's for more higher coverage too. I'm gonna call State Farm and find out why the hell they are so high compared to AAA and see how they explain it.

So anyway....I'm driving back home and at the intersection there's a long line of cars in the left turn lane and it's slow moving. I'm sitting through several lights. Finally I approached the intersection with the green arrow with several cars in front of me and we proceeded to turn left. As I crossed the crosswalk the arrow had turned yellow and the car in front of me turned and I completed my turn behind him just as the light turned red.

Up ahead I see this cop car turning on her lights to pull out and I figured someone must have ran a red light and when she got behind me I pulled over to the right to let her pass and she pulled over behind me. That's when I knew she was pulling ME over, and I'm thinking "For What??" I knew I wasn't speeding cause I had just turned. So she tells me that there is an officer parked at the gas station on the corner watching the drivers who turn when the light is red and he calls it to her. I told her that the light was yellow when I was already in the intersection and that I was just completing my turn when it must have turned red. She gave me a ticket anyway for "disobeyed traffic control device"....$115 and 2 pts. Now THAT Sucks big time!! I am so pissed.

I've been online reading about that offense and I see that there are tons of people getting that type of ticket now. Must be a new thing....a way for the cities to make money. People are being more conscious like myself about watching the speed limit and stopping at stop signs, etc...so they have to come up with another way to "get us"!

So anyway, I go into the Michigan State Police website where they explain traffic laws and I read this..."...unless it is dangerous to stop, you must stop when the light turns yellow. The only exception is when you are preparing to make a left turn and you are already within the intersection. You can complete your left turn after oncoming traffic has stopped, even if the light turns red."

I'm thinking of contesting this in court but I would have to call to get a date and with us leaving for Caseville in a couple weeks, I'm not sure if I can even make it. Also, I'm not absolutely positive that I was already over the crosswalk into the intersection when the arrow turned yellow or if I crossed into the intersection AFTER the arrow turned yellow. I mean, I wasn't thinking about it at the time....I'm behind a guy who is turning...the turn arrow was on and I simply completed my turn although I could see that the arrow had just turned red as I was turning. But what was my other option?? Stop in the middle of the intersection and back up...?

Stupid cops..

I wonder how many other people she stopped and gave the same type of ticket to this afternoon. I wonder how much money she made for Northville.

Stupid bitch....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter