Cherokee Rose

Saturday, July 25, 2009

The Fifties were great....

Nothin' much going on. Went to a couple estate sales today. Tomorrow is the Telegraph Cruise so I'm hoping that hubby and I can go down to where my son and his girlfriend are gonna be and watch the old classic cars drive by.

I'm having a problem getting into my account with YouTube. I can't remember my password and I've changed it but it still won't work.

I bought some really old 1956 issues of Ladies Home Journal and McCalls as the estate sale. They are so fun to read. I love the advertising pictures of "new" appliances and the "latest" fashions and the look of "updated" kitchens. These magazines are super big and thick with pages and pages of articles and it only cost 35 cents! It's so nostalgic looking through the pages. Those were definitely the "good old days"! Tomorrow I should be seeing a few 1956 cars....

Well, off to bed....

2 Comments:

  • At 5:50 PM, Blogger Happy Housewife said…

    Oooohhhhh! I LOVE old magazines! You are so lucky! I was just (I kd you not) looking at the two I have yesterday thinking about how much "nicer" things were then ina lot of ways. I'm thinking about decorating with some of the ads in mine sometime.

     
  • At 3:35 AM, Blogger Diane said…

    I will send them to you when I am done with them...I won't throw them out!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter