Cherokee Rose

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Miss my dad....

30 years ago today I lost my father to cancer. I can't believe it's been that long. I remember my short time with him so vividly....Christmases, Thanksgivings, walking me down the aisle, visiting me in the hospital after his grandchildren were born, babysitting my kids and spending the night. Sometimes I still think I smell his pipe tobacco. I wish I had more time with him. I wish he could have seen and enjoyed his grandchildren and great-grandchildren. He was a great grandpa! He got cheated...we all did.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:42 PM, Blogger Happy Housewife said…

    You got that right.
    I feel cheated.
    My kids would have LOVED him!
    The only thing we can do is to harness that love and zest for fun and give it to others. It honors his memory!

     
  • At 3:06 AM, Blogger Diane said…

    We are all blessed with his memories. He is with me every day.

     
  • At 3:13 AM, Blogger Diane said…

    He would have loved your kids! He would have absolutely been the BESTEST great-grandpa ever in the whole WIDE WORLD!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter