Cherokee Rose

Tuesday, August 04, 2009

A new looking Kitchen....

Today I had my new kitchen cabinet doors and drawer fronts installed and they look really nice. It makes my kitchen look so much nicer. My old doors were so trashed and now I have nice new ones. One of the doors was measured incorrectly though so it has to be reordered and installed later....but that's no big deal.

Well, I'm all packed and ready to leave for Caseville again tomorrow. The Cheeseburger Festival starts Friday for 10 days. I'll get up there and get my yard work done before the weekend. Hubby will drive up in a couple days. My youngest son and his girlfriend will drive up by Wednesday in time for the parade.

The Cheeseburger Festival is a take-off of Jimmy Buffett's song, "Cheeseburger in Paradise" and Jimmy himself is going to be in the area playing at the DTE next Thursday night, so everybody is kinda hoping that maybe he'll stop into Caseville and check things out during the last weekend hoopla. Wow...wouldn't that be something if he made a surprise appearance either Fri or Sat onstage at the concert in the park. He knows the band "Air Margaritaville" because they play his songs and they play in Caseville during the festival so I'm sure he knows about us. Well, we can only hope. I'll be checking out the crowd. They have a Jimmy Buffett lookalike contest going on so maybe he'll just try and blend in!

I'll stay in Caseville an extra week after the Festival because my godson and his new wife are coming to the thumb area to visit his folks, so we'll get together then. He and his fiance are getting married Aug. 15 and then making a trip back to MI to see family and then down to Indiana to her family. It'll be nice seeing them again. I wish I could go to the wedding, but besides it being during Cheeseburger week, it's also in Wyoming. They are having a park wedding and it sounds really nice.

Okay....I'm off to bed...

1 Comments:

  • At 10:40 AM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    HEY I am caught up I THINK,, will go back again and check... Sounds like thigns are going pretty good out there... I was out there adn didn't meet up with anyone,, BUT I WiLL be back again.. and plan to meet up with many. you are up north now ,,hope Buffet made it adn you had/have a blast

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter