Cherokee Rose

Sunday, August 02, 2009

Funerals and Hangovers

I was re-reading the paper from yesterday this morning (cause they don't deliver on Saturday so I re-read Friday's paper) and saw an obit that I must have looked at yesterday but scanned again today and this name caught my eye. It was my mother's neighbor from her house that I sold. They were the neighbors that helped me with my mom. They had a key to her house. Jim is the one that called me when she locked herself out of her house. There was his name...."James Gorke...husband of Lillian". It was 9:30 this morning. The funeral was at 1:00. I had an appointment at noon. I called and cancelled the appointment. I got ready and went to the funeral home.

Lil was so surprised to see me. I was there for over an hour. She and Jim use to vacation in Port Austin in the area of our place in Caseville. She and Jim use to vacation there all their lives with their children...a couple weeks a year. They were there a couple years ago. Now he is dead. He got diagnosed with prostate cancer 4 months ago. And now he's dead. He was only 77.
________________________________________

Tonight I figured hubby would be watching the Tigers on TV so I decided to go to the theater and see a movie. For some really odd reason (cause he hasn't gone to a movie house with me for over 10 years!), he said he wanted to go with me to see "The Hangover".

OMG...THIS IS A REALLY FUNNY MOVIE!! OMG...I would go see it again!! That is why this movie is making so much money.....cause everybody is seeing it more than once. Hubby loved it....he and I laughed so much during it.

We had another Saturday night DATE NIGHT!!....

That's why I am so blessed that I have a hubby who still takes me out to a movie ....

and not in a casket

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter