Cherokee Rose

Monday, September 14, 2009

Fun weekend....

I made another trip back down to the Detroit Science Center again yesterday and saw the Star Trek Exhibit AGAIN for the second time. I know I already saw it but Sunday is the last day and it will probably be gone forever and I really wanted to see it again and take notes. So I brought a notepad with me and took lots of notes. There were alot of things to read on the walls with some interesting facts and I just couldn't remember most of it, so I took notes.

The DSC is really an interesting place with lots of other attractions on different floors. They also have a planetarium and an IMAX Theater. So I decided to join and become a member. So now I get lots of free admissions to things and discounted prices for others. After I joined I only had to pay 1/2 price for the Exhibit. And now I get free admission to the general stuff for a year. It's easy enough to drive to and I want to take hubby with me next time. I think he might enjoy it....and the Detroit Institute of Arts is right across the street and we can go there too!

Today I drove to Plymouth for the Plymouth Fall Festival. Parking is now a major rip-off though. I have gone to the festival before many times and now they are charging $5 to park everywhere and most of the side streets have "no parking - police order" signs. So basically you have to pay to park now or walk a long way. I know I paid $5 both times I went to Detroit but that's Detroit....you always have to pay in Detroit. Why should I have to pay to park in Plymouth??!!

That pain in my neck is still there but not as bad...I'm still taking the ibuprofen every day. Don't know how it would feel if I stopped taking it. I'll give it another week. Still waiting to hear about the blood test results. I'll probably give them a call tomorrow.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:56 AM, Blogger Happy Housewife said…

    Well that's major b.s to have to pay to park in Plymouth!!! That's just bad policy for smaller town events. People wont like that. My mom's husband's mom lives on Harvey so they walk to a lot of the events like we did in the old days.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter