Cherokee Rose

Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Pain, pain, go away...

My doctor thinks that what I have is more of a muscular pain rather than coming from the thyroid, but he took blood work and will check my thyroid levels and make sure that it is functioning properly. Even with thyroiditis, the websites say that the recommended treatment is basically ibuprofen and it should return to normal in time,...antibiotics if there is an infection, or sometimes steroids depending on the type. I have no fever to indicate an infection, so Doc said to take ibuprofen 3 times a day and it should clear up on its own whether it is from the thyroid or the muscle. I told him that I had been taking ibuprofen and it eases up but when I stop taking it, the pain comes back and it's been almost 3 weeks now. But I was only taking one tablet a couple times a day...he said to take 2 tabs 3 times a day. So that's what I'm doing. Even with the meds, I can still feel it. It's really weird.

I know that this started during the middle of Cheeseburger week in Caseville and the only thing I can think of that I did to result in a muscle thing is when I was carrying all 4 sling chairs back from the parade to the car. I had all 4 chair straps slung over my left shoulder with my purse and also carried the cooler with my right hand...and I had to walk from the park to the car which was a ways off. I could have had hubby carry two of the chairs but that would be too much to ask for and besides it was all he could do to simply WALK to the car cause he is so damn slow. I carried all that crap and still got there way ahead of him. So maybe I pulled something in my neck. But I swear that I first felt it during the day...even before the parade, but my memory may be a little fuzzed from all the beers...haha

Plus, in the beginning it was a slight discomfort that I was barely aware of and with time it has gotten worse to the point that it is up my jaw. I would think if it was muscular then it would have healed by now, not gotten worse. Although neck pain can be like that, I hear. But who knows. Anyway I'm waiting for the test results to be sure that it isn't my thyroid.

My doctor is funny. When he came into the room, I told him that with the internet now, people can now diagnose themselves...and he said, "Good, that will save me time and you can just tell me what's wrong"....hahaha



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter