Cherokee Rose

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Movies and Sales

So last night there was absolutely NOTHING on TV worth watching, so I went to Hollywood Video and bought 5 movies. We watched "We Own The Night" with Robert Duvall, Mark Wahlberg, and Joaquin Phoenix. Duvall is a police chief and his son, Wahlberg, is a cop. His other son, Phoenix, has no interest and would rather be a nightclub manager for these drug guys. But he ends up taking down the drug guys and he becomes a cop in the end. It's a pretty good movie. Tonight I think we're going to watch "Rendition" where some guy disappears on a plane and the CIA is involved. I also bought "Shine the Light", a Stones concert movie; and "Sweeney Todd" with Johnny Depp that I've been dying to see and wanted to wait until I bought the movie. I already have the broadway play version of Sweeney Todd with Patti LaPune and Patrick Neil Harris and I've watched it at least 3 or 4 times. So I'm hoping that the Depp version is just as good. And I got another movie with George Clooney that takes place in Nazi Germany back in the '40s, a period movie. I always wait until the movies are available at 'previously viewed' prices...so I bought all 5 for $22.50!

Today I went to an estate sale and a church garage sale and bought a few things. I am really really trying not to buy crap I don't need but I just can't resist these type of sales...! At the estate sale I bought a Big Boy bank for $1.50, which was a good deal. When I was in Caseville, I went to Big Boys for lunch and was looking at their merchandise for sale and asked about the bank. Then I went to the Flea Market in Port Austin and a dealer had one but with no price so I passed. So when I saw it at the Estate Sale today, I just knew that it was meant for me to buy the damn, useless thing!!!! So I bought it....

(He's sitting on my computer desk right now chuckling at me....)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter