Cherokee Rose

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Dylan!!




The above is a portrait of Bob Dylan painted by the former retired singer of Jefferson Airplane, Grace Slick.

Dylan is coming to Detroit in November and I got great seats! Hubby and I will be going to the Fox Theater to see him and I can't wait. I don't expect to see the Dylan of the '60's or '70's. I've seen his more current YouTube videos....but Dylan is Dylan and I love his laid back style and I love his songs. He was never a great singer....it was never about the voice....it was Dylan and his songs. I have been checking his website forever watching his tours. He tours constantly. He has been touring mainly in Europe, etc...basically overseas. Then I got busy with the summer and away from my computer and then hubby showed me the article in the paper.

Tickets go on sale to the general public Saturday, but I was able to get in on the presales through his website which went on sale yesterday and today. I got the best seats I could get. I am soooooooooooo excited!!! However, the concert falls on the same weekend as the Holly Berry Fair in Caseville, so I'll be missing it for the first time. No big deal. I'd rather see Dylan.

Quite a few years ago, there was a celebrity auction going on with a lot of autographed items. There was a black t-shirt with a guitar airbrushed on the front by some artist. And Bob Dylan's name was airbrushed below the guitar. It was said that Dylan airbrushed his name on the t-shirt. I put a bid on it and won! I still have the t-shirt folded in the original plastic bag they gave it to me in. I have no certificate of authenticity. But it was a celebrity auction and that was the story on the t-shirt. Maybe I should wear it to the concert.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter