Cherokee Rose

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

What a week!

What I thought was going to be a really fun, fun week in Caseville with Halloween and the Holly Berry Fair turned out to be the WORST week of my life!!!!

It started out okay. Got there on Friday feeling great. Saturday night was the night of the Halloween parties everywhere. I went up to the Eagles and partied with friends. There weren't alot of people there that night though cause of all the parties going on everywhere, but it was fun and I felt great....and the pitchers of beer made me feel even better!

Sunday I felt tired, but I always feel tired after drinking beer on Saturday night. I laid on the couch most of the day. My friend stopped over and visited and I was feeling fine then. Towards evening I was feeling so tired, I kept dozing on and off on the couch as I was trying to watch this special that was on Soapnet. I missed alot of it.

Monday I got up and noticed that the muscles in my legs ached like I had been dancing all night...(I wish!). I took my shower and began to feel not so right, like I was coming down with something. I took my temp and it was 100. And that was only the beginning of a horrid week. My neighbor had been ill a few weeks before with the flu and the symptoms were the same. So I'm thinking "GREAT...JUST GREAT!!!...JUST WHAT I NEED!!" The next three days I was in bed alllllllll day and night with temps ranging from 101 to over 103. I had the chills....so I had 5 blankets on me and the furnace set at 80.....then I was HOT, drenching in sweat, so I opened up all the windows. And so it went for 3 miserable days. I missed the Boo Stew at the Eagles on Halloween....boohoo....and I waited all year for Boo Stew cause I had it last year and it is the best stew ever, and I missed it cause I was in bed sick.

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday....3 days and now I expect to start feeling better before the Holly Berry Fair on Saturday. WRONG!! Thursday I got my temp down to 99 so I could finally shower and get to the store and buy some food, tylenol and TheraFlu. Then back home and in bed. My temp was still around 100-101, better but not gone. So I'm thinking that at least it's getting better and running its course. Friday same thing. Temp was still 100-101. I'm still getting chills. I'm still waking up in sweat. Early hours of Saturday, at 3:30 a.m., my temp is now back up to 102. So now I'm panicking. I take 2 advil. I didn't read the directions. Apparently, the dose is 1 tablet every 4-6 hours. I took 2. My temp starts dropping fast. By 6:30 it's only 97.2, way below normal. I'm thinking my body is going into shock, so I get dressed and go to the ER in Pigeon. I'm a total mess. My blood pressure is through the roof. They run tests and took a chest X-ray. They tell me I have PNEUMONIA!!! It's in the bottom part of my right lung. I admit that I was extremely relieved to know that there is a REASON for my fevers and now maybe they can do something about it. I get anti-biotic prescriptions. I go home and lay down, take a shower and by then my temp is back up to 102. I drive to the pharmacy and get my meds.

I missed the Holly Berry Fair craft shows.

I missed everything.

Sunday, I am feeling much better now that the meds took over. I finally got my back yard mowed. Didn't get anything else done. The front yard can wait.

I drove home yesterday...Tuesday. Today I'm still not feeling good and laid in bed most of the day. I have this headache I can't seem to get rid of. But at least the fevers are gone, and I should be on the road to recovery. I take the meds through next Monday. Then Tuesday I'm seeing my regular doctor for a follow-up. He should do another chest X-ray and things should be cleared up by then.

So my week in Caseville was the week from Hell.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter