Cherokee Rose

Monday, October 08, 2007

Help help, there's a mouse in my house.....

Holy Mickey Mouse!....we are getting mice in our house again. They keep getting into the utility room and into the big plastic container that holds Pepper's dry food. They even chewed a hole in the corner of the top to get inside. Recently, when we go to get some of the food out, there's a mouse inside. Today, there were THREE....3!!....mice eating away like they were at a banquet. I keep dumping their little grey butts outside, but I think they keep coming back in. I set a live trap tonight and caught one....I have it set again.

The American Red Cross keeps calling me, so I told them I'd come in this afternoon. But since I hadn't prepared myself..(eating spinach and taking my iron pills)...I didn't pass the iron test. I'm not anemic, but too low to give blood. The minimum reading has to be 38 and I was a 37. So I went shopping and bought my spinach and I'll ironize myself and try again.

Brinks is holding his own, but he gets scared when he hears the dogs barking....can't blame him for that though. I bought a small pet carrier in case I have to take him with me to Caseville. Luckily, I found one at a garage sale cheap. Nobody that I left messages with still has not called me. Idiots. They call themselves Wildlife rehabilitators, but guess I'm all little Brinks has til he grows back his feathers and learns to fly again.

I found this blog by this woman who had an experience with a pigeon (The cat, a pigeon and a middle-age woman). He couldn't fly very well and spent 8 months in her backyard living in some pallets next to her garage. She has a lot of great stories to read. I'll have to put her link on my blog. Her blog site is www.topofmyhead.blog-city.com. A list of titles of her blogs are what I click on and read. Also she is a major cat lover. I think she has 8 cats, and has stories about her cats too. Plus, she is a nurse and has a lot of patient stories. Anyways, I'm only starting to read her stories.

I can't believe how hot it has been here in Michigan in October, but I guess the weather will be changing here pretty soon and it will feel like Fall. I haven't even bothered putting up my Halloween decorations, cause it just doesn't feel like October yet. The newspaper was saying how weird it is on the lakes with the duck hunting season going on.....hunters dressed in their camouflage outfits with their guns and water-skiers going by at the same time....haha

Good-bye sweet summer....hello dreary Fall and yucky Winter.....

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter