Cherokee Rose

Wednesday, September 12, 2007




Just wanted to post a couple pics of Horseshoe Falls and the one where I captured the rainbow over it.....

I got back from Niagara Falls last Friday and I'm leaving again tomorrow for Caseville. I admit I am getting real tired of all this packing and unpacking crap. But I need to get to Caseville this weekend. It's the "Born to be Wild Days" in Elkton, or what I call the Harley Festival. There will be hundreds and hundreds of bikers there and the beer tent, etc. I am hoping for nice weather, but so far it doesn't look like it's going to be. It was very cool today. I actually wore jeans instead of shorts and SOCKS!

The trip to the Falls was nice. I went to the cemetery and put flowers on my friend's grave....two potted mums actually, one for him and one for his wife. And I checked out my ancestors graves and put a potted mum on little Mildred Isabella Lovell (dau of Fred & Hazel) who died when she was only about a year and 1/2 old in 1908. She would be my first cousin twice removed.




I visited one of Bill's friends who works down the street from where he lived. In that area you have to pay to park and he let her park her car in his driveway for the past 7 years and she would come have lunch with him every day....and I met her a couple times when I would be there visiting. So I remembered where she worked and went and talked with her. And I called his daughter and I met them at the house before I left. They had an estate sale and still had some things left, so I bought a few things. Mainly, a few of his old 33 1/3 albums. A few piano Honky Tonk and an Irish album. I wish I would have gotten more now.

I got a real deal on Ebay as far as a turntable goes to play the albums on. I have a stereo that has a radio/CD and turntable, but now the turntable won't work, so I went on Ebay and bought this combination radio/DVD/turntable....vintage style....brand new in the box for...................$9.99!!!, plus another $15 for shipping. A grand total of a whopping $25 bucks!! It came in the mail, I plugged it in, put on Bill's irish album and it plays great! I'm lovin it.

I had wanted to also go into New York to a cemetery there and maybe meet up with a cousin of mine, but I just didn't get there. I got there late Tuesday...spent Wednesday visiting the friend and walked the falls til I thought I was going to drop, and shopped, so by Thursday I was exhaused and basically layed in the room watching TV all day and snoozed. Then Friday met with his family at the house and drove home. This visit to the Falls I decided to do that "Journey Behind The Falls" and that was interesting, and very WET. I'm glad I did it. I thought about doing that Maid of the Mist boat ride to the Falls on Thursday, but didn't do it. I also was going to go to MarineLand which is very close by, but I decided it wouldn't be much fun going alone, so I didn't do that either.

So now I'm home and leaving again. My hubby will come up by the weekend for a while. Next Tuesday is our weddding anniversary so we'll do something to celebrate. Only problem is that Tuesday is the BIG BROTHER 8 FINALE!!...That happened a couple years ago when the finale was on a Sunday. I am really not liking that at all. I want to go out for my anniversary and now I guess we'll have to either go out the night before or the night after....cause Tuesday I'll be watching BIG BROTHER and rooting for either Dick or Dani...either one is good....they are father and daughter so they both win if one wins. Zack is a racist pervert and I'm hoping he ain't even one of the final two. I want Dick and Daniele to be Final Two and win ALLLLLLLLLLL the money!

Gotta get to bed.....nite

2 Comments:

  • At 12:49 AM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    hey you how the heck are ya,,,,,, glad you went to the falls and to Bills house. Have fun in Caseville,,, Mike will be leaving the 2nd week in Oct. He is driving back and going to hte U P and looking at land/farms/homes woo hooo 2 and 1/2 years to go .... take care..

     
  • At 12:03 AM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    hey you,, we are going to the U.P. or the top east ....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter