Cherokee Rose

Monday, September 03, 2007

Happy Labor Day....

My youngest son came over and we grilled brats. His girlfriend had to work today....bummer! He just bought another car and wanted to show us. It's a 2006 Impala. Another deal. He will probably sell it, but he really likes this one and would like to keep it. It had some damage to the front end and he has already bought the parts, had them painted, and put them on so it looks like new again. That's what he did with the Chrysler 300 he just sold cause it had some front end damage too when he bought it. He made $1000 on that deal.

He said that he went in for his physical for work and found out that he has a hernia in his abdomen. He knew something was wrong cause it sticks out like a baseball. He may have to have it operated on and be off work for awhile. It's always something.

I decided to leave tomorrow for Niagara Falls and stay a few nights and probably be back home by Friday. So I was packing today and cleaned my car out. I want to go see another one of Bill's friends who works down the street from where he lived. And I'll give his daughter a call. I really should also drive to NF's, New York and go to the cemetery there cause I have descendents buried there and maybe give a cousin a call and get together. It's about a 5 hour drive, so I need to get my butt up fairly early and get to the bridge/border before the traffic gets backed up. Damn, I really hate crossing borders. I hate the stupid questions they ask. This will be the last year that a birth certificate and ID will do. I will have to have a passport soon. How stupid. It shouldn't be that big of a deal just to drive into Canada. Personally, I think that Ontario should have been part of the US....it connects to Michigan and New York....oh well, I guess that was another war we lost way back when.

So that's that....I hope to have a great trip. I wish my hubby could go, but with three dogs it's a bit impossible. I know that the Best Western allows pets, and I thought that maybe with two, but now that we have three forget it....

Later

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter