Cherokee Rose

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Rain, Rain,,,,,,GO AWAY

OK....Yes....we need the rain, and we should have gotten it in the beginning of the summer. But not NOW. It rained on Sunday while we were trying to have the last day of the garage sale....Luckily we had this big carport thingy to put things under and it did stop off and on, but it ruined things anyway.

Now today the tree guy was suppose to finally come and clear up the mess of that fallen branch off our crushed fence, and cut down a dead tree, and half of a half-dead tree and do some other tree work and he had to cancel cause it's RAINING! I am fuming.

Besides, also....all this rain and heat is making everything so damn muggy....it is unbearable. Last night I felt like my sheets were wet. Our stupid central air does not work very well upstairs and I have this attic fan running all night which was just bringing in more mugginess. I told hubby that by next year I am putting in a window AC at least in the bath where it will face the back of the house. The downstairs is cold and about 1/2 way up the stairs you can feel the heat....it's ridiculous. I know we need to put more insulation in the attic, but hubby can't do that sh*t anymore, and I sure as hell ain't doing it.

Anyway, the garage sale was okay. I made a little over $100 cause I didn't bring everything to my son's house. I think total we made almost $300. We could only have it on Saturday and Sunday, and the rain ruined Sunday. I took a few things to the consignment store yesterday to sell. And I am still going to try and sell some things on Craigslist.

OK....."CHEESEBURGER IN CASEVILLE" WEEK IS COMING!.....It starts Friday and runs 8-10 - 8-19. My son and his g'friend will come up by Sunday or Monday. I am hoping to be out of here by Thursday at the latest.

I feel bad and guilty though. Bill had told me that when he died he really would like me to be there. I told him I would. They are having the memorial service for him on Aug. 14, and I can't be there. I thought about driving there for it....but I would have to drive back from Caseville on Sunday.....drive to Niagara Falls on Monday, attend the service on Tuesday and drive back....and then drive back up to Caseville on Wednesday for the big parade with the family. That is way too much driving....cause it's almost 5 hours to get there. And I'm thinking about going to NF's in September like I planned and just visit him in the cemetery and that way I can stay a few days. My son's g'friend said she would go with me if she can get a few days off work. So I might do that instead. Actually, this may be the last year Americans can cross the border without a passport, so I probably should this year anyway. And then I am hoping that I can call his daughter and go to the house one last time and take more pictures before it gets sold.

Losing Bill was more than just losing a very dear old friend....it is also losing a part of my family history. Once Bill is gone, going to the house my great-great grandfather built and lived in with my great-grandmother Annie will be gone to me forever. OR maybe I can just go there and meet the new owners and maybe get to be friends with them, too and still go visit!!!!!.....haha

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter