Cherokee Rose

Monday, July 30, 2007

CRUIZIN WEEKEND.....

Yesterday was a blast from the past! We got to my in-laws about 4 in the afternoon and everything was in full swing. She always has the yard decorated with 50's stuff, and this year she did the back room off the porch with tons of old pictures of the family. We sat out by the road and watched all the old classic cars drive by. My nephew drove the old '68 Mustang that my husband and I rode in when we were married. It's my brother-in-law's car and he takes good care of it after all these years.

So today my youngest son comes over with this car he just bought.....a 1963 Mercury Comet....it's too bad he didn't have it last night for the cruise. He found it on Craigslist. I would like to drive it up north for Cheeseburger week when they have the car show on the last day. I think he's just going to resell it....for a profit as usual.

Anyway...I talked to my son and they are all moved in to their new place in Fort Bragg, NC. They got a duplex unit.....3 bedrooms, 2 baths. They should be driving back here in a couple weeks with a U-Haul to get their stuff out of the house. I hope it isn't until after Cheeseburger week in Caseville so we can see them again before they make the final move. (The army pays for the move.) They sent me a lot of pictures of their new place. It looks really nice, with big rooms and lots of yard for the kids. The school is only 5 blocks away. Also, there's a pool there! He was just getting ready to take the kids to the pool when he called me. There's a park/play area for the kids nearby and right next to a gym workout place. The army really has it set up nice for families....and it's all paid for!!.....no freakin mortgage payments to worry about.

My son did say that he is scheduled to be deployed in June, 2008.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter