Cherokee Rose

Monday, July 16, 2007

Barbeque Day.....

Today was a beautiful day weatherwise so we were able to have a really good barbeque. My son brought over more brats so we had plenty of food. My youngest son came over but his girlfriend had to work so she couldn't make it. I was so disappointed cause I really wanted them to meet her and her meet them.

My son and hubby exchanged army story experiences. Then we had them put their dogtags down on the patio next to each other and we took pictures. Hopefully, they will turn out.

As usual, I didn't take the pictures I wanted to. I always get drinking and talking and forget about the camera. I really wanted to get a picture of my son in his uniform and us, but didn't.

I don't know what's going to happen now. He and the family are driving down to North Carolina and get settled. Then he is hoping to get everyone in a house down there and then get a U-Haul and drive back to get the rest of their things in a couple weeks or so.

So apparently, they will all be living in NC and they will just let the house here go back to the bank. The house they live in now is in such disrepair and unsafe to even live in that it is a total waste of their money to even make the mortgage payments. There has been a basement leaking problem for years and the mold is getting everywhere....totally not good. Besides the fact that the housing market is bad here, they couldn't even get what they owe on it anyway.

The kids had fun. The ice cream guy came by and they got ice cream. I took a pic of Jayden close-up and I'm hoping it doesn't come out blurry...cause he was so cute!

I'm feeling depressed. Everybody is moving away. So maybe I'll see them again when they come back for their things, but then what??....GONE....It's not like I'm gonna be driving to NC once a month to see them. Hell, Pontiac was far enough.

I sure hope things work out for them.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter