Cherokee Rose

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Saturday Night......

I talked to my army son tonight! He graduated from his AIT a couple weeks ago. My daughter-in-law and the kids drove down to Virginia to see him then. So now he is stationed in Georgia for his Airbourne training.....he's with the 82nd Airbourne Division. He starts his training on Monday. He says that it's really tough to even stay in Airbourne. They got more guys than they have spots, so if you do ANYTHING they don't like, then you are OUT....they have to downsize from about 400 guys to 300. So he's hoping he doesn't get booted out. He really, really wants to get his "wings".

It's a 3 week training and then he comes home for a month! He gets 2 weeks off and he has to work 2 weeks at the recruiting office. Then if everything goes as planned, he will be stationed in North Carolina.
___________________________________________

Today I met one of our new neighbors a couple houses down. They moved in a year and a half ago, but I never met them. Apparently, while I was in Caseville, my husband went over there and partied with them.....????(my hus NEVER parties with anyone...WTF??), so today I was out in the yard planting a flowering bush and he came over and introduced himself. He invited us over later for a few beers.....and I wanted to go....but hubby just wanted to lay on the couch as usual....so I didn't go over there.
_____________________________________________

I bought a set of golf clubs at this garage sale. I use to golf. I LOVED the sport even though I wasn't very good at it. My youngest son and I use to golf together in Caseville. When I had my estate sale at my mom's house, I sold our golf clubs cause we haven't golfed in years and years and the clubs were old-fashioned anyway. So now I'm thinking I might get back into it.
_______________________________________________

I got a response from someone to buy the birdbath/fountain. His fiance lives in Redford and they are coming over Monday and hopefully buy it. I admit, it looks really cool when it's hooked up and the water is flowing.
__________________________________________________

We watched some "Honeymooners" DVD's and I was laughing my butt off at the Kramden's. I sure don't laugh like that watching the crap sitcoms they have on TV nowadays. Jackie Gleason and Lucille Ball (I Love Lucy) were the funniest shows on TV EVER!!!!

That's all folks.....ciao....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter