Cherokee Rose

Sunday, May 20, 2007

SATURDAY.....the bad and the good....

Saturday started off shitty and then ended GREAT. So ya just never know....

At some point during the night, Lucky came upstairs and was coughing and coughing like he had whooping cough or something. He finally settled down and slept, then when he got up later he started with this awful hacking again....it was terrible...he couldn't stop coughing. So since I am so paranoid and freaky about my dogs, I called the vet the minute I got up....10 a.m. They are only open til noon on Saturdays, so I had no time to waste....husband having surgery on Monday...I could NOT wait until Tuesday, so I called. They told me they were booked but I can bring him in but it might be a wait. I got dressed, threw some makeup (can't forgot the makeup) on and got him there in 40 mins. He's hacking and coughing in the waiting room with other dogs. The nurse came out and told me to bring him into this back room cause of his hacking and they didn't want to infect the other dogs til they figure out what the hell is wrong with him. Okay, she didn't exactly say that, but that's what she meant.

I took him into the room and got immediate service. It was obvious something was wrong. He's shaking and I'm hysterical. They gave him a shot to calm him down and get the coughing to stop. They listened to his lungs and they sound fine. They X-rayed him and said his lungs and heart look fine....nothing obstructing his windpipe. They basically have no clue what is wrong, but the shot worked and he's not coughing anymore. So they gave him an antibiotic in case it might be something that an antibiotic could fix...mmmmmmmmmm......and gave me some antibiotic pills and a prescription for a cough suppressant. $300 FUCKING DOLLARS!!! I should have been a vet....

Anyway, he's not coughing now, and I haven't shown my husband the bill....
_____________________________________________

I was trying to get ahold of my girlfriend so we could get together tonight, but she never called me back. It was just as well, cause a high school friend from California is in town this weekend and called me. Haven't seen him since our last class reunion. He has business here once in awhile and sometimes calls and we get together. So we met and had drinks and talked and laughed and talked about how things would be different if we had our lives to do over again.

Anyway, he has an interesting life. Remember the Brodericks? They did a movie about them. Betty Broderick killed her husband. Anyway, he was a photographer back then and had actually taken a picture of him with his girlfriend and they actually used the picture as evidence during the trial.

So tonight he's telling me about this watercolor painting he has of John F. Kennedy. Remember the little girl that was kidnapped by this guy...he broke into her bedroom window and abducted her. They eventually found him and she was reunited with her family. Can't remember the names. It was in the papers big time. Anyway, he had some dealings with the guy's mother (before the kidnapping). And this kidnapper guy was a painter and had made this watercolor of JFK, and she gave it to my friend. So we're wondering tonight how much it would be worth on Ebay....haha

Anyway, had a good time....it's nice to sit back and laugh with someone who is not in pain....LOL....damn, I know I'm sounding so mean....but it's still nice....

Ciao.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter