Cherokee Rose

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

I've been away.....but I'm back

Okay....I know it's been awhile since I posted. So I guess I better get caught up here. Actually I just spent two whole weeks in Caseville at my cottage and just got back home Tuesday. I left the two girls at home...meaning my two female dogs...and I decided to just take Lucky with me and he was lovin' it....just him and his mom and no two bitches gettin all the attention. My husband first told me to just leave all the dogs home with him, but Lucky is the one who wakes everyone up in the middle of the night to go prowling around outside and I decided that my husband needed to get some sleep, so I figured he could go with me. My poor husband is having so much pain in his shoulder and it's hard enough for him to get any sleep. I'll get to that later....his shoulder, I mean.

So I've been in Caseville getting all my yard work done and cleaning and getting everything nice for the summer. Damn, there is so much to do that I don't feel like I'm on vacation much. I had to weed the gardens....both flower and vegetable. I should post a pic of my flower garden from last year....so beeeuuuteeefullll!! Then I put in plenty of Preen to help keep the weeds out. I mean, I don't want to drive back up in a couple weeks and start all over like I did last year. I got smarter...haha The grass was so long that it took a couple cuts to get it down and then I was cutting it like 2 or 3 times a week....I gave up on the dandelions. Let them grow...they'll die and go away EVENTUALLY. I put "weed and feed" on the front yard and planted some grass seed in this bare spot...and by the time I was leaving I actually had little baby grasses growing....yahooooo! I washed all the windows inside and out, even the garage windows. I edged and weedwacked. I got out my deck chairs and all my little garden ornamental sh*t, like my ducks and gnomes and birds and whatnots. I redid this one part in my backyard that I couldn't get even a weed to grow....I laid down mulch and put different types of stepping stones and put little woodsy forest animals and gnomes there and artificial plants in the planter...it looks really cool.

Then I drove to the condo and cleaned there and put in my screens. Mainly I had this room divider shelf thingy that I had taken out of the living room and it was sitting in the bedroom and I had to get it the hell out of there. So the only way I could was to take it completely apart...marked all the pieces so I put it back together right....and put it all in my car and took it to the cottage and put it up in the attic for now. I fixed a few things that needed fixing and cleaned, cleaned, cleaned.

Before I went my husband and I went to this estate sale and bought what we thought was just a really cool birdbath for only $35. It was so damn heavy that we had to have a couple guys there put it in my jeep. When they went to pick it up that's when we discovered that it is a FOUNTAIN!...it has the motor and plug. So my intention was to have my girlfriend help me get it out of my jeep and put it on my deck where it will look so awesomely cool and refreshing and sound so soothing with the waterfall and all. It has a tree trunk-like base...and the bowl with another small bowl that the water runs down with little birds. But it is all one piece and it is terrificly heavy. So my girlfriend says that it is too heavy for even her to help lift....bummer!...She said that it is made of a heavier cement than usual...like what they make roads out of. She also said that this fountain is a $400 fountain if not more. I went to the garden shop and they have these fountains there that are not anything like mine and easy to lift and they were $200-$250. My girlfriend couldn't believe I only paid $35 for it. Course, it ain't gonna do me much good sitting in my jeep. So needless to say, it is still there. I'm hoping to find a couple strong MEN to help me get it out next time I go.
_______________________________________

Sooooooooo anyways, about my poor painful hubby. He went to the doctor and they took X-rays and gave him pain meds. Then he went back to the doctor and they did an MRI and the doctor sent him immediately to an orthopedic surgeon. Apparently, something about the bones rubbing and tearing the tendon....something about a rotator cuff....something about a major tear and multiple tendinitis....or something. Anyway, he is scheduled to have surgery May 21. He is really in pain now cause apparently he can't take any pain meds, not even an aspirin, for 10 days before surgery.....how lame!...so he's hurtin now.

Now I know he needs the surgery....but I talked to this woman in Caseville who had shoulder surgery 5 weeks ago and her arm is still in a sling and she has to go to therapy 3 times a week. So what the hell will that mean for the summer? Will he be able to drive to therapy? Will he be able to drive at all?? If I have to drive him then how the hell will I be able to go to Caseville??? I have grass to cut there. And what about the grass here....he just bought a riding lawn mower....will he be able to ride it and cut the grass? and if not, who will cut it....ME??? I don't know how to drive one of those things and we have too much grass here. Will he even be able to go to Caseville if he has to go to therapy here? What the hell will this mean for our summer???? So I'm like asking him if he could stand the pain, which isn't too bad when he takes the meds, and postpone the surgery til September...after Labor Day. Considering that he is off the meds and the pain is really bad now, I guess he thinks I'm being selfish....WHATEVER!!!

I guess it depends on what the Doc has to do once he gets in there that will determine the length of recovery and therapy....so I'm keeping all my fingers and toes crossed that he has a really fast, quick, easy recovery. Otherwise, he'll be spending his summer alone...hiring someone to cut the grass....and using a shuttle bus to get to his therapy. Cause I'm gonna be partying in CASEVILLE!!!!!!

Okay, I know this was long....at least it seems like I've been typing forever....Ciao...

1 Comments:

  • At 1:02 AM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    Hey girls what are you doing up so late????? Soooo I have to ask this question just because,, Why don't you guys just move up to Caseville? Just askin and what the hell ya gunna do with the two places up there? ok so what us up if we play eash other in the championship. basketball....?


    Good to see ya again how is the kid doin? and all that so keep talkin so we can read.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter