Cherokee Rose

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Alas.....To err is human....

Today I spent almost all of my time (and gas) trying to straighten out other people's mistakes. And I'm gettin real tired of it. Aren't there any competent people working out there anymore?

First we get a bill from the lab that ran some of the tests my husband had to have. We have had this same problem before with myself. With me, they were billing our old insurance company which was changed probably 3 frickin years ago, and when they didn't get paid we got the bill. So I had to call them and tell them what our current insurance company was....the following year, same thing....I called again. I think they finally got it right with me anyway by now. So now they have it messed up with my husband's. I just don't understand why when we go to the doctor and they ask us for our insurance cards and we have tests done, the damn lab isn't told or given the correct information by the staff....the tests are done right there in the office, mainly blood work. So today I decided to skip the phone call and just drive there myself personally and make sure they get it right.

Then, we get a letter from the State of Michigan. Apparently when we bought this new cottage in Caseville, they have it listed as our primary residence. Our home here is our primary residence and since ya can't have two, then they are questioning it. Everything was messed up at some point when we bought this place. First off, they have the address wrong!...the address that is listed on our tax bills is actually a vacant lot across the street. And now the State thinks we live on this vacant lot as our primary residence....too funny! I have already went to the city hall in Caseville and complained about the wrong address, but according to their records it's right...the mixup is in Bad Axe.....so FIX IT!! Plus, they have my middle initial wrong which is on the deed. Anyway, I drove all the way to Brighton to clear up the primary residence matter anyway. Even the woman couldn't believe how messed up the whole transaction is. She told me I need to get the deed redone with my correct middle initial....and certainly get the address corrected. So guess I have more "other people's mistakes" to take care of next time I'm in Caseville. I just don't understand those idiots in Bad Axe that send my tax bills to my address here and yet still have this Caseville address as my primary residence.....small towns with uneducated people...it's a wonder they can tie their own shoes...
______________________________________________

I was asked this question and have been asked this question by a lot of people, friends, neighbors, etc....."now that my husband is retired, will we be moving to Caseville?" At this point, I can say NO, and here's why....

1. We've lived in our home now for 30 years and it would be very hard to sell it....especially for my husband who can't even part with his old underwear...

2. We have too much crap to even think about moving.

3. We're too old to deal with it.

4. The new cottage we bought is just that....a cottage....larger than the condo by far, but certainly not large enough to actually live year-round in. We have already furnished it, so there is no room for my things here to go there. The bedrooms are small and my bedroom sets would never fit anyway.

5. If we moved to Caseville, we would definitely have to sell the cottage and buy a larger regular house.

6. MOST IMPORTANT REASON OF ALL: Caseville is a vacation place. If we moved there, then it wouldn't be a vacation place. Caseville is my getaway. If we moved there, then where would I go to get away?

Basically, my husband and I have owned a place in Caseville for 20 years now, and I am use to going there to get away and my husband is use to me going there which gives him a break and now he can go there to get away and give me a break. It's what has made the marriage work so well. If we sold our house and moved to Caseville, there isn't a house big enough for us to live 24/7 365 days a year together. Trust me, one of us would die.....
_________________________________________

Hubby Shoulder Update: He got no sleep last night cause of the pain. So I gave him a bottle of gin and told him to drink it. I think he's sleeping now...I hope.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter