Cherokee Rose

Monday, May 21, 2007

Recuperation begins....

The surgery is over and now the recuperation begins. After they got my husband all prepped before surgery they let me go sit with him for awhile. They had numbed his left arm and they must have given him something to relax him. Cause he was telling me that Bob Dylan was there across the hall and he started singing some song....I guess it was a Dylan song...something about "if you were me and I was you, etc etc"....it was funny. Then he kept asking me if his arm was still there cause he couldn't feel anything. I kept telling him that it was. So I lifted up his hand to show him and he let out a "yipe". It was so funny I couldn't stop laughing. He said it looked like I just lifted up a dead hand or something. I guess with it being numb, it was detached from his body in his mind. I don't know....maybe it was the drugs...haha

The one problem they had was trying to get his wedding ring off his finger. We had already tried everything in the book and gave up. I told them that they were going to have to cut it off. The nurse tried in vain to get it off, but eventually they had to use something to cut it off. It took quite awhile before she was able to get the ring off. I'm hoping that the jeweler can fix it.

They were able to do the surgery the easier way....scoping it, they called it...instead of cutting, so I'm hoping that the recuperation will be faster, and less therapy....hope, hope, hope!!!!

1 Comments:

  • At 10:31 PM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    holly crap girl you have been writing big time,,, hope all gets back to normal soon...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter