Cherokee Rose

Sunday, August 05, 2007

Never Put off what you can do.......blah, blah,blah

I am such a procrastinator......I try to plan things and if just one thing interferes with my plans then I just cancel the whole damn thing and postpone it....and I put off things, and put off things, and try to plan the perfect week or weekend or time and if it ain't perfect, then I postpone til it is.

I called my friend, Bill, in May and told him I was going to drive to Niagara Falls and see him earlier than last year (July). I was so excited cause I wanted to see him and I had this feeling that it would probably be the last time I would see him. But then fate fucked everything up and my husband had to have his shoulder surgery the week of my plans (May 21); so I postponed until June. Then June came and husband had to go back into the hospital for some procedure and more therapy; so I postponed until July. Then 4th of July came and went and then son came home for his 10-day leave; so I postponed my trip to Niagara Falls to see my bestest friend, Bill. August is busy with garage sales and Cheeseburger in Caseville 10-day festival; and then Labor Day......so I was going to call Bill and tell him I would come see him in September.

Today my son, his girlfriend and I had a garage sale at his house. Her parents came over and I met them for the first time. My husband came over later and met them. While we were in the driveway husband tells me, "I have some bad news".....I was like "WHAT?".....he only said...."Bill".

I was yelling NOOOOOOO...and ran into the house.....I only hope that my son's girlfriend's parents really understood the situation....she said they did. When I was able to go back outside, they had left.

I have been crying all day....I called his sister in Niagara Falls, CA and talked for an hour. Bill was my friend....he was 93 years old.....he had bought my great-great grandparent's house in 1956. I met him on a geneology search about 4 years ago when I went to the house and he was there and I said "Do you live in this house?", and he said "Yeah, I OWN this house", and I said, "Well, do you know that I drove all the way from Detroit just to see your house?"....and he said, "I know who you are!!!...You're a Lovell!!", and he came out and gave me a tour of the house, took me out to dinner and I've been going to Niagara Falls once a year to see him ever since.

Bill Greenop....you were the most interesting person I have ever met....You made me happy....you made me LAUGH!!....We spent Canada Thanksgiving together with our Turkey TV dinners and Pie!....I loved sitting on the balcony watching the fireworks over the Falls listening to your stories of your life....such an interesting life! I love you Bill Greenop....Grumps!! Grumps may be gone, but NEVER, NEVER FORGOTTEN.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:57 PM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    I am so sorry,, I hate when we do things like that. ((HUGS))

     
  • At 10:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh that's so damn sad. I bet he was really glad to have you as a friend though.
    :-(

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter