Cherokee Rose

Sunday, September 02, 2007

Happy September....UGH

I can't believe it's Labor Day weekend already. Where did the summer go?? I'm usually in Caseville this weekend, but since I stayed so long the last time I got up and I am driving to Niagara Falls next week, I decided to enjoy the weekend here at home for a change. Usually this weekend, Pigeon has their festival and my friends and I would be at the beer tent. Well, they will have to party without me this year. Instead I decided to enjoy Pontiac's "Art, Beats and Eats" festival. It's a huge festival with lots of bands, food and artsy stuff. Downtown Pontiac is a pretty cool place....kinda like a Royal Oak. Asked hubby if he wanted to go, but he declined. I think he's still recuperating from the day-out we had Thursday. Guess it's too much to expect him to do something with me TWICE IN THE SAME WEEK!


So I went by myself....

I walked and walked and shopped. I bought a pink hat and some T-shirts. I ate fried mushrooms, a hot dog and a brownie ice cream yummy thing. I checked out the new bar that had a write-up in the paper about. I wish Pontiac were closer. They are having their grand opening next weekend and this place is going to really rock when it does. It's HUGE with 7 bars, a ballroom, outdoor patio, an upstairs lounge. But there's no way I will get hubby to go.

Then I got totally lost coming home.....damn one-way streets! I couldn't go the way I KNEW how to get on the right road to get home. So I had to drive in the opposite direction and got all turned around. I was looking for Telegraph Rd, and ended up way out on Orchard Lake Rd which is about 5 miles or so past Telegraph. I had to turn around and drive back and eventually found it.

So I rented another movie....The Number 23 with Jim Carrey....a thriller type.....pretty good....eerie....I made popcorn and pizza rolls.
____________________________________

So last night when I was on the computer I went to my little refrigerator to see if there was anything to drink in there and there was about 6 bottles of ice tea, but all the flavoring was gone....only a hint of lemon. I figured that they've probably been in there so long that all the tea evaporated inside. So this morning I told hubby about it. I told him how all the tea was gone and how it tasted like plain water with a hint of lemon. So he just kinda looks at me strange and I asked him how the tea could just disappear like that and leave nothing but water. So he says "yeah I know....I put water in some of your empty bottles and put them in there". Damn....no wonder....I thought it was kinda weird that the tea would just disappear....haha

Forget the water....tonight I put beer in the fridge!

Nite.....

2 Comments:

  • At 12:10 PM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    HAHAHAHHAAAHHHAH sorry but that ws funny as hell!!!!! SO you went ot Pontac huh I loved it there they have alot of stuff there... oh yeah and alot of people too....

     
  • At 12:35 AM, Blogger Diane said…

    Pontiac is where my army son lived and partied at....downtown is about 35 mins from me. Tomorrow is the last day of the festival....I should MAKE hubby go with me...haha

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter