Cherokee Rose

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Wow....IKEA sells 20 foot hot dogs for 50 cents!

I actually got my hubby off the couch today and we actually DID something nice. We have never been to the IKEA store yet and we've heard about it. Actually, it was built in an area where I grew up eons ago. Way back in the olden days it was all farm land there....Canton Township....along Ford Rd. We lived on this dirt road where there was a little gas station at the corner where I would wait to catch the bus for school. And down the road was the other corner where there was a 'mom & pop' store where my girlfriend caught the bus. She lived down that dirt road. Well, now there's a big huge gas station on the corner instead of the little store, and on the opposite corner is the IKEA store. Dirt road gone.....tons of stores, strip malls, restaurants, you-name-it along the route our little school bus use to take. Where my g'friend's house use to be is now a parking lot across from IKEA. I found it a bit depressing cause I can still "see" in my mind the way it all use to be.

Anyway, so today we drove out to the IKEA store and explored, cause it truly is an adventure. A very unusual store and layout. We got lost and had trouble even finding our way out!! We kept walking in circles. I kept saying "Haven't we been here before?" They have these arrows on the floor and we were told to 'follow the arrows'....kinda like the zoo where you follow the elephant prints along the walkways...haha.

As we finally found the exit, there was this really HUGE humongous sign overhead advertising a hot dog for 50 cents with a picture of a hot dog, and it actually said *NOT ACTUAL SIZE....LOLOLOL...I mean the picture of the hot dog had to have been 20 feet long. I mean, what idiot would think that it could possibly be the actual size of the hot dog you would be getting for 50 cents!!? We were laughing so hard. I left my camera in the car or I would have taken a picture.

They have a nice restaurant there, but since the picture is deceiving and their hot dogs are a puny 8 inches or so, we decided to go elsewhere.....(haha)

So we left and went to this bar & grill across the street and had a late lunch and a couple of brews. I played the Keno but only won 2 bucks....(Hey, enough for 4 hot dogs at IKEA!!)

So that was our nice day....how was yours?

3 Comments:

  • At 2:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am so jealous! Despite the fact that the Wal*Mart right there is one of Rich's stores..he wont ever take me to Ikea! I got the catalog in the mail though and I want 10 million things there!!!

     
  • At 1:30 AM, Blogger Diane said…

    There's a Walmart there? I didn't see it. It's probably in my back yard!..(meaning, the house on Lotz Rd where we use to live)...haha

    Is Walmart...Walmart or Wal*mart?...Why is there a *??

     
  • At 10:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yep, it's right off Lotz road...next to the Sam's Club at Lotz and Ford Rd. so yeah, right in your backyard...
    I dunno why there is a * but there is , so I use it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter