Cherokee Rose

Monday, September 03, 2007

HELP JERRY'S KIDS....

Don't forget to donate lots of money to the MDA this weekend....or at least a few bucks. (and throw a few my way, too)
_______________________________________

I started a good cleaning in my utility room today and cleaned out one of the cabinets. Here's what's going on in my utility room: Before the family room addition was added on way back before we bought it, the wall where my washer and dryer go would have been the outside wall where you would vent the dryer. But then they added the family room and there was no outside wall anymore. So what they did was run the dryer vent thingy up through the walls to the attic and out the roof. Which was fine until the damn thing got all clogged up with lint. So then my dryer wasn't drying very well and there is no way in freakin hell can we unclog that long dryer vent running up through the walls (2 storey house to boot). Hubby didn't want it vented through the floor under the house (no basement) so he just hooked up another dryer vent and has it connected to some screened thing that is the size of a mayonaise jar IN MY UTILITY ROOM. So basically my dryer is vented in my house, and everytime I use the dryer the humidity in the house is horrible, and there's lint all over everything in my utility room. That screened thing he has the vent tubing thing in doesn't do much to screen the lint....it flies everywhere. I put the damn thing inside a tupperware thing and hubby took it out. Apparently it needs to vent in order for my dryer to work right.....whatever! So every once in awhile I have to vacuum the walls.



No wonder my sinuses are bad.....this can't possibly be healthy.

And I don't know how I'll explain it to the inspectors if we ever sell the house.


I'm back to watching the MDA thing.....nite

3 Comments:

  • At 2:46 AM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    Hey I know when I was still there you have to have it vented to the outside... There is a long I mean lLLLOOONNNGGGG ass little sweaper thngy you can unclog it with . ok off ot watch the telathon adn I will read the post down under after....

     
  • At 11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My inlaws had a venting issue too and the basement would get humid as hell.
    I have a lil code issue too... my washing machine drains into the city sewer pipe. Somewhere along the way someone drilled a hole right in to it. Thankfully we didn't have a FHA loan, we never would have passed inspection. God help us when we go to sell it.

     
  • At 11:38 PM, Blogger Diane said…

    I am going to call someone and see if they can either clean the vent tubing or install another one and vent it through the floor and out a side wall there to the outside.

    I've been reading up on inside dryer venting and they say that you should only do that with electric dryers, NEVER gas dryers cause of carbon monoxide, and we have a gas dryer...great!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter