Cherokee Rose

Saturday, October 06, 2007




This afternoon I took Brinks outside and let him out of the crate and on the grass. I noticed that he had trouble walking, so we picked him up to look at his feet. His left foot isn't working....the same as his left wing. So that whole side must have gotten injured. But he was trying to walk anyway and spreading his wings and flapping them. He was moving but not getting off the ground. I think he enjoyed his time in the sun anyway.

I was hoping that maybe in time things will heal and with outdoor exercise he might be able to fly again. But I've been reading things online and there are other people with injured pigeons and months later they still can't fly right. Then tonight he got injured again on his good wing.

I keep the crate in the utility room on the floor with the doors shut. While I was upstairs on the computer I kept hearing my one dog barking his head off. Earlier we had a skunk somewhere and the smell was bad and my dog always barks like crazy when he smells a skunk. So I thought he was still barking about the skunk. My husband was in the family room right next to the hallway where the utility room is. After awhile of hearing Lucky barking and barking, I finally went downstairs to see why my hus wasn't shutting him up. My dog had gotten one of the bi-fold doors open in the utility room and was totally terrorizing poor little Brinks. He had his paws in through the bars and had pulled out the black feathers of his good wing. There were feathers all over the floor. Little Brinks was stuck in this corner totally helpless. And where was my husband....sleeping on the couch....totally oblivious to all the ruckus and barking. I started screaming! So far I have called him every name in the book....."fuckin asshole" being the main name!! What was he in....a coma!! Couldn't he hear the dog barking?? Why didn't he get his lazy ass off the couch and at least check and see what he was barking at???? I am furious beyond words right now.

All of his black feathers on his good wing are gone and his skin is red. I highly doubt if he will ever be able to fly again now. I don't know what to do.

I put the crate up on the dining room table. I feel so bad. I kept telling Brinks how sorry I was and I was sorry for not being there to protect him. Of course, I guess I assumed that since hus was right there he could have done something. But I guessed wrong. As usual, I have to do everything......

1 Comments:

  • At 2:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter