Cherokee Rose

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Pigeons and Eagles.....




Here's Brinks in a nice clean roomy cage. Before I had this box lid in there for him to sit in, but I took it out and he can have the whole cage now. Also notice how he is right next to the window so he can look outside, and we hung a mirror up for him. We catch him pecking at the mirror at himself...haha His legs are getting stronger and better now that he can walk around more. He eats great. He likes these little seeds that I have to pluck out of the wildbird seed, cause it's the only ones he likes. I went shopping and bought him sunflower seeds which he loves and peas and mustard greens. I found a great website for pigeons and they say that they need their "greens", but no lettuce or spinach. I also bought broccoli and cut up the little seedlings in the heads for him.

He is starting to get his new feathers in! There are all these little feather spines growing on his wings where he lost feathers from when he hit the truck and where my dog pulled them out. So I'm hoping he can fly in a couple weeks if the weather stays good.

He is so cute. He lets me pet him on the back of his little neck, but he also likes to beak bite me too....haha.
__________________________________________

Friday night hubby and I checked out the Redford Eagles club. It's not nearly as nice as the one in Caseville, and they don't have fish sandwiches/chicken strips like Caseville does on Fridays. So we just had a few pitchers of beer. But we met this guy there that also has a place near Caseville and he and his girlfriend go to the Caseville Eagles during the summer!! So I guess you just never know who'll you'll meet....it's a small world as they say.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:45 PM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    OK I willbe back to read,, but I have to answer yoru questions it is walnut lake... and i saew the farm last July when i ws there I LOVED IT!!! and i have been cryign about it all freaking year,, ok be back later gota diapr to change

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter