Cherokee Rose

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Off to Caseville.....

Brinks and I...and little Mini Sue....are off to Caseville tomorrow. I figure I will be gone over a week and decided that Mini can come with us. Pepper likes to stay home with my husband and I don't trust Lucky around Brinks, especially in close quarters like my jeep driving for 3 hours! Brinks would be so stressed out if Lucky was there barking and clawing at his crate that he would probably lose his new feathers. His feathers are growing in really nice, and he is even getting new tail feathers. I didn't even realize that he had lost his tail feathers too....no wonder he couldn't fly. I think by next week, all his feathers should be in good enough so he should be able to fly, but I don't want to release him in Caseville, so Brinks will have to stay in his cage another week until I get back (the first week of November). Anyway, an extra week will just help make him stronger. He not only has to be able to fly again, but he has to be able to maintain flight and SURVIVE.

He is so spoiled now though....I hope his instincts take over and he knows what to do. I've been putting him outside every day even if it's chilly cause he has to get use to the cold. And we've been leaving him out there for a while after it gets dark so he gets use to the dark. But then I bring him inside for the night and cover his cage. I always know when he's ready to settle down for the night, cause he huddles down. He like to play "get mom's fingers"...haha...he coos and makes these sounds when I wriggle my fingers at him and he tries to beak bite them.

I'm going to be so sad and scared for him when he does fly off into the blue yonder. I'm going to leave his crate out on the patio with food for awhile in case he needs a place to sleep and eat.

So anyway, we're off to Caseville for the Halloween stuff and the Holly Berry Fair the following weekend. The Holly Berry Fair is a Xmas kick-off with lots of craft shows and a Xmas cookie walk...different cookies at the different establishments....free cookies to taste!! I thought hubby was going to come too. I wanted him to go to the Eagles with me Halloween and have "Boo Stew". I had it last year and it is really really good. But he says he'll go for Thanksgiving and doesn't want to go now. So I'll just go myself and do things with my friends there. And I got more yard work to do. I need to get the rest of my flowers out of the garden and clean up. I'll let the mums stay til Thanksgiving.

I hate Fall!! Too much work.....between Caseville and home, I am overwhelmed with it all. We have a 1/2 acre lot here with lots of trees and the fall leaf raking is killing me....I hate it. I wish we could hire someone to do it.

See ya when I get back.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter