Cherokee Rose

Saturday, October 20, 2007

LUCKY ME!!

I won $100 when I was in Caseville! At the Eagles they have these pull-tab/rip-off things. They are like lottery tickets. You get them from a machine and you pull off these 5 tabs and hope you get a winner. Usually you might win a buck or two but you always hope to win more like 5 or 10 bucks; and of course the big one is what you're really hoping to get. Well, I put $2 in the machine and got 4 50cent tickets. Three were nothing, but the fourth one had a winner and at first I thought I won $5, but when I pulled the tabs completely off it said $100! I couldn't believe it....so I turned it in to the barwaitress and she gave me 100 bucks.

Brinks and I drove back from Caseville today so I can go to my dentist appointment on Monday....what a waste of gas....cause then I'll have to drive back up.

I got a lot of yard work done, but mainly I got the grass cut. Brinks had fun, I think. I put him outside during the day and the neighbor thought he was pretty for a pigeon....well, handsome anyway. He's walking really good on both legs now although he still has a bit of a limp. He looks so damn cute when he walks around. I started putting newspapers in his cage instead of towels which makes it easier for him to walk on. Inside I put the cage on the floor in front of the door wall and he liked that. Then at night I put him in the living room with me and cover his cage with a blanket. He loves his mirror. In the morning I woke up hearing something banging and it was Brinks pecking at the mirror against the crate. He sure eats a lot. I hope he doesn't gain weight and be too fat to fly. I did let him out of his cage in the garage to see what he would do. He didn't do much. He flaps his wings and maybe gets a few inches off the floor. I sure hope he remembers how to fly. In a few days I'm going to put him outside in the yard and see what he does.

Hubby thinks he will be okay, but I'm so worried about him. What if he doesn't make it out on his own. What if a hawk gets him. What if it storms and rains and he gets scared. What if he can't find food, cause he's use to his food being in little dishes now. What if he gets scared when it gets dark and he's all alone. What if he can't find a flock of pigeons to fly with or if he does, they are mean and won't let him be part of their flock.

When I was in Caseville it stormed really bad one night and I was thinking how it would be if Brinks was outside in that and I cried for little Brinks. He is safe in his crate.

Brinkydinkydoo....I love you!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter