Cherokee Rose

Saturday, November 10, 2007

My husband and I spent the day with my son and his girlfriend at this auction. My son was bidding on these old gas pumps. He ended up buying 3 of them, plus a fire hydrant. We put one of the pumps and the fire hydrant in my jeep and he managed the others in his truck. He already has 2 old gas pumps at his house. The ones he has have been refurbished and look nice. The ones he bought today are old rusty ones he will either resell or refurbish himself. Men and their toys!!

Anyway, we ended up going to his house to drop off what we had in our jeep. We got to see their new puppy again. They bought a teenie, tiny chihuahua and she is a real sweety. Her name is Pippi....like in Pippi Longstocking. She's only about a pound and a half and 2 months old. I'll have to download the picture they gave me of her. She's so tiny and she bounces when she walks....so adorable.

Well, tomorrow is the day I am planning on releasing Brinks. I was going to do it today but changed my mind since I wasn't home all day. I am beside myself about letting him go. I am so worried for him. The park I was thinking about releasing him in has no pigeons now. My hus and I have driven over there and there are none. Anyway, we've had his cage out on the patio and we haven't seen any hawks around. It was only that one day that we saw him, so I'm thinking he has moved on. So I think I'll just let him out in our yard and hopefully he will fly off and find a flock to join and be okay. But he is so use to sleeping in this corner in his cage now. I've been letting him out of his cage inside our shed and he keeps wanting to go back inside the cage cause I know he feels safe there, and he thinks of it as his home. Today he was sitting on top of my husband's radio. I told hubby that he better clean his radio now....hahahaha

I'm hoping his natural instincts take over and he knows what to do. I'm going to keep the cage out on the patio for awhile in case......

I keep telling myself...."he's just a bird....he's just a bird....he's just a bird".....then he winks at me....

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter