Cherokee Rose

Thursday, November 08, 2007

Black Hawk Down.....

There's a hawk trying to get my Brinks!! Today this damn hawk has been hanging around Brinks' cage. He sits right on top of his cage and poor Brinks is scared. He thinks Brinks is his next prey. WELL, I DON'T THINK SO!!...You're going DOWN HAWK!! I'm going to get my son over here with his gun and shoot your brains out. So GO AWAY!!

We moved Brinks' cage inside the garage with the door open for him. But now I am scared to release Brinks in our yard. Cause I know that damn hawk is going to swoop down and grab him. Brinks is ready to fly. All his feathers are in. I am just waiting for the better weather to come in a few days. I had planned on releasing him by Sat/Sun. Now I don't know what to do. There is a park about a mile from here and I saw a lot of pigeons walking around the parking lot today. Maybe that would be a better place to release him. But I really wanted to release him here where it is more familiar for him, and I could keep his cage on the patio for him if he wanted a familiar place to sleep at night. But it may not be good for his safety, and his safety comes first.

I did not put all this care and love into rehabilitating Brinks just so some freakin hawk can have him for lunch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter