Cherokee Rose

Monday, October 16, 2006

Well, today is Oct 16 and my husband decided NOT to take the voluntary lay-off. He hopes that the company won't lay him off and he can wait and retire when it is a better time.....yeah, like whenever that is. But if he is involuntarily laid off then at least he can collect unemployment as well as his pension.

But here is the shocker I am only now realizing. I thought originally that his pension was low because the company also continues the health insurance benefits for retirees at a reduced rate and pays for most of it. Yeah, they pay some but the premium is so f'ng high that our part is still astronomical.....like over $700 a month until my husband reaches 65....then it will drop to almost $500 a month until I reach 65! Hell, his pension will only be about $1200....so like half of it will be spent on the damn health insurance benefits....and that is NOT including dental.....

I was on the phone today talking with an insurance guy and he said that he has a Blue Cross Blue Shield plan that is not nearly as good as the one we have with the company and it will cost almost $1000 until hubby reaches 65 and over $600 until I reach 65.....and the out-of-pocket expenses will be much higher.

DAMN, DAMN, DAMN

Why can't anything be simple and CHEAP!!???

There is a cheaper plan but it is much worse coverage and NO prescription coverage and that is important....the extra out-of-pocket expenses and the cost of our prescriptions would be much higher than the extra premiums.

Screw it.....my husband can work til he drops dead
____________________________________

SO ARE THE TIGERS THE GREATEST BASEBALL TEAM IN THE HISTORY OF BASEBALL OR WHAT???? Okay, maybe a bit of an exaggeration, but they are a great team this year and I hope to God they win the Series....they deserve it. I kind of hope they play the St. Louis Cardinals cause that's the same team they played in 1968 and won...wouldn't that be a hoot??
__________________________________

I've been sick with some cold virus or something and spent most of Saturday....hell, ALL of Saturday laying on the couch in my jammies blowing my nose.

Friday I had an appointment with my Doctor whom I haven't seen in almost a year and a half and my blood pressure was way way up. I tried to explain to him how stressed out I am right now. He spent all of 10 minutes with me and decided to up the dosage on my medication, which will now probably double in price. It was 165 over something. I know at home when I took it, it was 165/101. Whatever.....so if I drop dead will our health insurance benefits go down??
___________________________________

Also I'm stressed out because my son has decided to join the friggin army....the son with my grandson! What the hell is he thinking? He has done the first part of his physical and goes this Wednesday for the second part. He has to have a more advanced physical because of his age. Jesus Frickin Christ, NOBODY JOINS THE ARMY WHEN THEY ARE 40 YEARS OLD!! Anyway, that's another stressed out story and I'm too stressed out to even type about it.

Have a great day....and stay healthy....

3 Comments:

  • At 1:50 AM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    ok lady stop your stressing,,,,, see I think our not smoking is doing this to us are you walking????????? get yoru ass walking and forget all about the shit!!!!! I have started bac walking I do not care how cold it is WALK!!!!!! ok yes the tigers are way cool I am so excited.... ok RELAX WILL YA!!!!

     
  • At 9:04 PM, Blogger 1 plus twins said…

    man that sucks about your son!! it must be in the air, i have a friend who just had her second child and her hubby just joined the army too!! what are these guys thinking??? they aren't! all the money in the world doesn't make a difference if they don't come home alive!! it just makes me so mad. you need to knock some sense into your son!!!

     
  • At 2:59 PM, Blogger Diane said…

    Holly....Jerry talked to him on the phone for an hour since he's been in the army and knows what it's really all about and he will not listen to anyone. He is adamant about this decision.

    Jaye....I admit that there has been a couple times I have really, really needed a cig, but I don't. My weight is so up there and I know I need to start exercising and get my mind off things.

    Val....Personally, I think that these guys just want OUT of their responsibilities and the army is the way out without looking like a complete jerk to everyone...they think it will make them look like a hero instead.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter