Cherokee Rose

Monday, September 11, 2006

Another Funeral.....

My mother-in-law passed away last Wednesday and we had the funeral Saturday. Hopefully, this will be the last funeral I have to go to for awhile!

So anyways, my husband had talked to the doctor on the Friday of Labor Day weekend and the doctor had advised that we keep the respirator in to keep her comfortable and take her off everything except the morphine; and he said that she will probably pass away on her own in a day or two. So we were all there over the weekend and she was still holding her own. By Tuesday I told my husband that I needed to get up to Caseville and get the grass cut cause it had been two weeks since I cut it. He told me to go ahead and go and he'll call me if anything happens. Wednesday I went to the hospital to see my mother-in-law for an hour. They had moved her to a private room and there was no monitor for me to check her vital signs, but the nurse said that it was about the same as the day before. I decided to run up to Caseville for one night, get the grass cut, and drive back Thursday. When I was about 45 minutes from Caseville, my son called me and told me she had passed away......about 2 1/2 hours after I left her. I guess my brother and sister-in-law had been there right after I left but they left before she passed away....so there was nobody with her and I feel really bad about that. So I got the grass cut and drove back Thursday.
__________________________________

Yesterday I drove out to see my oldest son and my grandson. I guess it was Grandparent's Day yesterday, so they took me out to dinner at that Rainforest Cafe in Great Lakes Crossing which is this huge mall of stores. Because it was Sunday the stores were all closed, so I'll have to go back some Saturday and check it out more. I love finding new stores!

Jayden got his first haircut a little while ago. His hair was so long and curly everyone kept mistaking him for a girl...haha. My son said that as soon as the hairdresser snipped one curl he started screaming bloody murder and they literally had to hold him down and hold his head so she could get it cut! I guess he screamed the whole time. They took pictures and they're funny.....poor little guy....haha

Anyway, so with everything else that was going on, my damn washing machine broke down. It is around 20 years old so there is no point on spending money to fix it, so I bought a new set and they are delivering it tomorrow. Then I'm heading back up to Caseville for awhile. This coming weekend in Elkton there is another festival and beer tent....it's called "The Born to be Wild" festival or I like to call it the Harley Festival cause there will be thousands of Harley bikers there. There is also a Polish Festival in Kinde but I think I'll head on out to the beer tent in Elkton instead....haha......I'll post later in Caseville.....ciao

4 Comments:

  • At 1:59 PM, Blogger 1 plus twins said…

    so sorry to hear about your mother n law. when my grandma passed almost a year ago, hospice told my parents to stop waiting by her bedside that she will decide who she wants there when she goes if she wants anyone there. my parents went for a walk and wouldn't you know they were gone 15 minutes and she passed. she just wanted to go on her own. so your mother n law probably wanted to be alone at that time. she was content in that everyone she wanted to see was there and when everyone left she felt peaceful enough to go. so don't feel guilty at all. again i am so sorry for your loss.

    are you watching big brother this year???

     
  • At 1:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    sorry to hear that Diane
    Tex

     
  • At 1:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I did not forget your B day
    Tex

     
  • At 1:35 AM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    wow I guess I am late huh. I am so sorry about your mother in law. stores closed on Sunday man you need ot come out here nothing is ever closed!!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter