Cherokee Rose

Monday, June 19, 2006

Yesterday was Father's Day and two of my sons came over and the other one called. We barbequed steak and burgers on the grill, but then the rain came pouring down so we ate inside.

We found a bunny hole in our backyard...there are so many rabbits running around. My neighbor said it is because all the crows are gone...they have been hit by that west nile virus. She said that the crows use to get the baby rabbits which kept the rabbit population down. So now that there aren't any crows, the rabbits are breeding like crazy I guess. Well, I'd rather have cute little bunnies than those mean old crows.

About a month ago I took a box full of some of my Boyd's bears to this consignment store. So I went there Friday to get a payout and I was given the runaround and I was told to call on Monday and make an appointment. She said that they were listed on Ebay and they are waiting for payment on those that were sold. So I tell her that I didn't want them listed on Ebay....that I could have done that myself, but I know that you can't get much on Ebay anymore for them. I thought I would do better having them in the store. When I filled out the list of the items I also put in the prices that I wanted for each bear. So I go on Ebay and look up this store's sales and there were my Boyds Bears all sold for absolutely ridiculous low prices. For instance this one bear is worth money and I priced him at $20...so they sold it for $2.00!!! I am so mad I could scream. I would have kept it for that price. Also I went there today to set up an appointment and the place was closed. Friday when I was there they were having a big storewide sale on everything and there isn't much in the store like there usually is. It looks to me like they are closing down. I just better get the money that is owed me. I also took a lamp in to sell and a comforter and dust ruffle....so they owe me money.

I've been going through things and packing up crap to sell at my garage sale. I'm going to have a garage sale in Caseville on June 30/July 1...it's the Fourth of July weekend and everybody has sales on the holiday weekends and there will be a ton of people there then. It should be fun and I hope to make some money...

1 Comments:

  • At 9:38 PM, Blogger 1 plus twins said…

    sounds like those people at the consignment shop just ripped you off!! if you have more bears to sell, sell them in your garage sale. you have to get more than 2.00 each!! good luck.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter