Cherokee Rose

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Still here.....

I'm still in Caseville and I'm using a computer at this store in town. I was suppose to leave for home by now, but I'm having linoleum installed on Friday so I figure I may as well stay through another weekend.

I can't remember what I posted last. Anyway, Memorial weekend was great. My husband took a few extra days off and was here for 6 days. My youngest son came up with his girlfriend for a couple nights. We barbequed and hit a ton of garage sales.

Since everyone left I've been hanging with my girlfriend doing a lot of shopping and eating out....now I can barely fit into the bigger-size shorts and jeans I bought...haha. I've been working in my yard...planting flowers and weeding the flower beds. I bought these colorful....yellow, aqua, and coral.....chairs for my deck in front.

I almost had a major accident though. Our place is between these two curves in the road. I was coming back from somewhere and was so busy looking at my new chairs on the deck that I didn't see this car coming around the curve just as I started to pull into my driveway. It's a good thing he was a good driver. He swerved around me almost hitting my husband's car that was in the driveway, back onto the road and hitting the brakes so hard you could smell the rubber. He ran off the side of the road again trying to stop. This guy was pissed....and I don't blame him....he turned around and came back to where I was in the driveway and all I could do was say "I'm Sooooooo Sorry!". My husband and the neighbors all came running out to see what was going on. This was Memorial day weekend and the traffic on the road is like 10 times more than before, and I'm not use to it yet. I really have to be careful pulling out and in now that summer is here and the traffic will be so much worse.

Then just a few days ago, my dog Lucky ran past me as I was opening the doorwall to go somewhere and he ran out. I'm calling him and, of course, he never listens to me....so I see this car stopped in front of my place and I ran out to the road and there he was.....standing in the middle of the road sniffing a dead squirrel!....another car came and stopped and blew the horn and he ran into the yard next door....so I opened my car door and told him we were going "bye-bye" and he jumped in....whew!! I have really got to watch the doors more closely. That road is dangerous.....and I know that if Lucky got out again he will head straight for the road to see if that dead squirrel is still there....and he'll be roadkill for sure with the traffic getting worse now.

Yesterday I spent the day in Bad Axe with my friend...so today I'm going to just lay out on my lounger and listen to my audio book. Yeah, I had to call the Redford Library and get an extension on my rentals cause they are due tomorrow. Later......

2 Comments:

  • At 1:42 AM, Blogger 1 plus twins said…

    wow your still there??? how wonderful. i wish i could escape like that. (by myself!!!)

     
  • At 3:57 AM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    man I would love to be there too, it ws a great place!!!! enjoy the lake nd the green.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter