Cherokee Rose

Thursday, May 18, 2006

R.I.P. "Thing"

"Thing" is dead. Let me explain who/what "thing" is. On my wedding day my husband gave me this "thing".....(besides THAT...haha)...How do I describe "thing"? He has this wooden head with black bulging eyes, a big wood nose, surrounded by a huge troll-like orange hair, standing on two wooden feet....he was this orange hairy ball standing on little wooden feet. I named him "Thing". He has been with us since our wedding day. He has been sitting on the bookshelf upstairs since we moved into this house like almost 30 years ago! He lost his nose a long time ago, but he was still cute/ugly. So yesterday I noticed all this orange stuff on the shelf around him and I'm wondering what the heck it was. At first I thought he was shedding his hair maybe cause of the humidity....but then I noticed that his hair was falling out in my hand...and then I looked at his cute/ugly face....and OMG, it is all shriveled up and his black eyes are bulging out and his orange hair isn't even attached to his wooden head anymore...just laying there on top of it. I don't know what happened to him. I think his wooden head was a coconut shell or something and it looks like something....a mouse, bugs, ??, got into him. Anyway, he's dead now....something killed "Thing". He looks awful...well, worse than usual anyway. I cried....I really did....I was very upset.

I've been in this depressed mood like a black cloud hanging over me again and it's almost like I feel death in the air....I hope that "thing" dying isn't some kind of premonition...."Thing" being a representation of my husband, my wedding, my marriage.....Anyway, I'll miss "Thing" and his happy face...he looks all scrunched up now and lifeless. Not sure what we are going to do with him....probably give him a proper burial.
____________________________

OKay.....today I'm leaving for Caseville. I need to cut the grass there...plus, we have an owner's meeting at the condo on Sunday. We always have the meeting the Sunday before Memorial weekend, so I'm assuming that it's still on. Then Memorial weekend will be here and I'm sure hubby will come up and I hope some of the kids drive up. So I will be there for a couple weeks or more. I'll get to the library in Pigeon and keep ya all up to date.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter