Cherokee Rose

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Home is where the Heart is.....whatever

I have a couple of metal wallhanging signs that say exactly that...Home is where the Heart is....I'm selling them at my garage sale.

Anyway...so I got back home yesterday and I'm really really bummed. I had decided to get my linoleum laid last Friday and stay through the weekend cause I "thought" that the Redford Festival is this weekend.....why or why don't I CHECK THINGS OUT FIRST BEFORE I MAKE STUPID DECISIONS?????? So today I drive by the park and there is nothing there....no rides, no people, and no beer tent! Husband explains that the festival was LAST WEEKEND....and I missed it!! We always go every friggin year. Actually I make my husband go with me cause he hates going anywhere, and I know that when I called him to tell him that I was going to go ahead and make the appointment to get the linoleum installed and drive home the following week, I KNOW that I said something about being home then for the festival and he said NOTHING. I just know that he knew that the festival was the weekend I was going to stay in Caseville and he is pretending now that he "misunderstood" me and thought I knew already that I would miss it.....yeah, right....he was probably jumping for joy when he knew he wouldn't have to go to the festival with me. I remember distinctly saying something like "....so I'll go ahead and get the tile installed and drive home next week, then I'll be home for the festival".....and he just says "okay"....idiot...

I even went shopping this afternoon looking for something cute to wear....

Actually looking for something cute that would FIT MY BIG ASS.....All I did in Caseville was eat, eat, eat....my girlfriend and I went out to eat almost every day.

This one day we went to Bad Axe to drop her little dog off at the groomer and we decided to eat lunch at the Peppermill....Big Mistake! They don't have the swiftest waitresses there and although there were only about two other tables with people we waited and waited for her to show up....we finally got up and got our own menus...then she showed up and we both ordered the chopped steak with hash browns with the soup and salad bar. She asked us how we wanted the steak (which is basically a big fat hamburger anyway) cooked....mine medium and my girlfriend wanted hers well done. So I am stuffing myself with salad and soup and rolls....my girlfriend had a problem to deal with and was on the phone and ended up with one small bowl of soup while we were waiting for our food. So the waitress brings the food....my steak was so well done it was charcoaled black on the bottom...our hash browns were so burnt they were crunchy. So I took my food back to her and told her it was too overcooked and demanded another one and explained that it better not take another 20 minutes to do so! So she put a rush on the order and I waited again. So then she brings me a literally half raw lump of hamburger. I was livid! My friend was disgusted with her dinner as well and we both told her so. She went and got someone else who may have been the cook. We both got into this big deal with her.....and we left telling everyone that we will never eat there again!!...haha....I (being the sweet person that I am) ended up taking my dinner with me and paid for it....my girlfriend left hers there and refused to pay. I was still stuffed from all the soup and salad, but my friend was still hungry. I ended up cooking it later in the oven for awhile and I gave it to my dogs. My friend told me that her boyfriend loves eating there, so now she has to divert his appetite elsewhere for awhile cause she doesn't dare go back in there for awhile...haha

Plus I still left a dollar tip......what an idiot I am!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter