Cherokee Rose

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Back from the Falls...

I got back from Niagara Falls Monday and had a great time. I got a decent room this time. In July when the rates are so high, especially on the weekends, I try to find a cheaper room. Last time I went in July I got a really yucky room. This time I stayed at the Rainbow Motor Inn and it was decent and even had a pool. I spent my days sightseeing and my evenings visiting Bill. He has two new cats cause he had to put down Happy Cat. He has a veranda that we sit out on and talk and Saturday one of his cats was sitting on the railing and someone shot off a firecracker and he fell off. So we and the neighbor women spent some time trying to get Austin back in the house cause he was scared, stunned and was hiding under the wooden porch. Bill was on his stomach crawling under the porch trying to get him out. A reminder...Bill is 92 years old!! He is always glad when I come and visit. He wishes I would move to Canada. Another reminder.....Bill now owns the house that my great-great grandparents lived in at the turn of the century and also built cause my great-great grandfather was a builder, and I met Bill on a geneology research about 3-4 years ago. I love to go visit him and sit in the house Jacob built and my great-grandmother Annie lived in when she was a teenager, especially since the house is still so original and like the way it was when it was built.

So now I'm back and this weekend we will be going to my in-laws to watch the old cars cruise Telegraph Rd this Saturday for the Dearborn Telegraph Cruise night.
__________________________________________

Ok....back to my couch purchasing. Before I left for Niagara Falls I took my husband to Art Van to show him the couch I was buying to replace the small one that was already delivered. First off, he wasn't all that crazy about the couch, but mainly we pulled out the mattress part which I failed to do when I decided to buy it and the mattress was BAD....It wasn't nearly as good as the one that I already have....you could feel the springs just pushing down on it. So we compared it to the one I had delivered already and that one is a New Englander and really really good. SOOOOOO I decided to switch couches again. I canceled the one I just ordered, and decided to stick with the original one but ordered it in a Queen size insted....which is costing me another $100, instead of getting $53 back. I had the salesman so confused he had to get the manager to figure it out....haha. So right now I have Art Van coming to Caseville to take back the full size couch and deliver the same couch in a queen size.

I'm using the library computer and have other things to do on it before my session runs out....so talk to ya later...OH....today is my mother's birthday, she would have been 81.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter