Cherokee Rose

Sunday, July 16, 2006

It's as hot as hell here!!!!

I am still in Caseville and it is so damn HOT! It's been hot since the 4th of July with very little rain.....and the humidity is just awful. I shouldn't complain though, not after complaining all winter about the damn cold..haha

So I had my garage sale here in Caseville the 4th of July weekend and it was a bust....just too many garage sales up here on that weekend, I guess. I think I sold about $75 worth of stuff the first two days...so by Sunday I decided I was not about to pack up all that crap and store it for another garage sale, so I told everyone who came to just take what they wanted....everything was all free, FREE, FREEEEEE! I got rid of almost everything that way and had very little to pack up and take to the thrift store in town.

My husband came up for his weeks vacation and my son drove up with his girlfriend for both weekends. It was such a hot week though that it was hard to even lay out outside. We barbequed some nights and went out to eat on others. At least my husband acted like he wanted to do a few things while he was here. We also bought some annuals and planted them in the garden. My flower garden looks so beautiful. I got a lot of compliments from people at the sale. I also pulled out the iris's that were in this back area in my backyard and we transplanted my tomato plants there and planted green and yellow peppers.

So what else have I been doing? Hanging out with my girlfriend and eating out at too many restaurants and shopping. I am sure I've gained another 5 pounds. Another friend stopped over yesterday to see my new place.

I think I'm going to leave for home by Monday or Tuesday. I am planning on driving to Niagara Falls next weekend....then there's the Dearborn Telegraph Cruis the following weekend and then then we are planning on going to a Tiger's game the following weekend. I will have to try and drive back up here at some point for a few days to get the grass cut and my flowers watered and check on things. But basically I won't get back here to stay until after the first weekend of August.

Oh, I also got rid of my old sofa sleeper at the condo and had my new one delivered from Art Van. Problem is that even though this new one is a full-size just like the other one, it seems to be a lot smaller looking. So now I'm thinking of having it returned and buying a queen size one.....not sure yet.

So what else?? Oh, we had a gas leak and called Consumer's Energy and a guy came out and red tagged it and turned our gas off!! I thought he would fix it....but we had to call our plumber/heater guy and they came out and fixed it and turned the gas back on. We were nervous about that leak. We could smell gas and I was afraid the whole place was going to blow up.

Oh and I had a birthday while I was here......definitely not a good one....I mean the age...haha. We didn't do anything or go anywhere...I was so not in the mood!

I'm at this store in Caseville where they have internet service and they charge by the hour so my hour is almost up.......so I'm signing off.....ciao...

1 Comments:

  • At 4:14 PM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    You reallly need to get internet in your new place girl.. I went home I lvoed it I wanted to stay I came home I am bummer and I wnat to go back!!!!! end of story it ws beautiful while i ws there.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter